We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 nights in cebu island, where to stay?

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
4 nights in cebu island, where to stay?

Hi,

My wife and I fly to Mactan on April 26 at 13:00. We want to go to the south and see the waterfalls, snorkel and see the sardines and turtles, maybe see the whale sharks, and just chill on the beach. We leave on the 30th of April. So would it be best to stay the first 3 nights (26th, 27th and 28th) in the south and the last night (29th) in Cebu City so we can easily get to the airport on the 30th? If this is ideal, where should we stay those first 3 nights? All 3 nights in Moalboal? Badian? Alegria? Or some mix of these places?

Thanks!

10 replies to this topic
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: 4 nights in cebu island, where to stay?

3 night at moalboal would be preferable and the last night at Cebu.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,278 posts
81 reviews
2. Re: 4 nights in cebu island, where to stay?

1st day at Oslob near Whaleshark Activity Ctr or those slightly further away but with a shuttle transport to fetch u..

2nd & 3rd Day at Basdako in Moalboal...

Last day in Cebu City...

Cheers

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
5,620 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: 4 nights in cebu island, where to stay?

It depends on the time of your flight out.

I would go straight to Oslob and then an early start the next morning then off to Moalboal however there may be excursions from Oslob to the Kawasan falls and you could arrange to be then dropped off in Badian and get a bus to Moalboal so do a facebook search as often such excursions are listed by the local tourist office.

Unless you like cities then if your flight out is in the afternoon you could just get an early morning bus to Cebu City I would guess leaving six hours before your departure time to be on the safe side or 5 if in a car

Level Contributor
1,389 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: 4 nights in cebu island, where to stay?

2 nights in Moalboal, 1 night in Oslob and 1 night in Cebu City or Lapu-Lapu City.

There are too many things to see and do in Moalboal except the beach where you want to chill. Cebu City has a lot to see and do aside from the historical landmarks.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
5,634 posts
667 reviews
5. Re: 4 nights in cebu island, where to stay?

26th stay in oslob. and follow what ddayrncm suggested, in that order.

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: 4 nights in cebu island, where to stay?

Thanks all! So is there any advantage to staying in Oslob the first night + two following nights in Moalboal VS. first two nights in Moalboal then Oslob third night?

How easy is it to book the excursions once I'm at these places? Is it done at hotel or travel centers?

Level Contributor
1,389 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: 4 nights in cebu island, where to stay?

@roman_YNWA

That entirely depends on your preference. However, I suggest going to Oslob first, spend your first night there for the next morning's whale shark swimming. You have to be there early in the morning to avoid cramming as it will be stressful. The hotel staff will do everything for you on your whale shark activities without extra charges. Cap your southern Cebu sojourn at Moalboal's White Beach before heading back to the city.

Edited: 10 April 2018, 11:13
philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
5,634 posts
667 reviews
8. Re: 4 nights in cebu island, where to stay?

you can do it the other way around, moalboal first for the 1st 2 nights and oslob on the 3rd night. however, it will mean you are going to do the whaleshark on a weekend. weekends have more guests than weekdays.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,278 posts
81 reviews
9. Re: 4 nights in cebu island, where to stay?

Al22tecc's reasoning is sound ... but my reason is a little different..

For me personally , i prefer the beach at White Beach in Moalboal rather than Oslob...

So i would end my trip on a "High" @ Moalboal's White beach ...

Idling & snoozing on the white sandy beach , snorkelling with sardines & turtles at Panagsama Beach(just a short tricycle trip away) ..

Pardon me for saying but the whaleshark activity is over in a short while , in the morning.. then that's it..

This is what i"ll do .. sorry i imposed my love for nice beaches in my suggestions!!

Cheers

Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: 4 nights in cebu island, where to stay?

My girlfriend and i are in the same situation, maybe meet up. We arrive at 11pm

Edited: 10 April 2018, 21:47
Reply to: 4 nights in cebu island, where to stay?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Moalboal