We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canyoneering

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Canyoneering

Will be staying in Moalboal and would like to do the Canyoneering activity.

We are looking at booking with Cyan Adventures as they are based in Moalboal, are highly rated and will pick us up and drop us off at our hotel in Moalboal. However, they do cost quite a bit more than other companies.

Are there any other recommended companies that I can look into that will pick us up and drop us back off?

Alternatively, is it possible to just turn up at the start area of the Canyoneering activity and join a group? How would we (2 pax) get to the start of the Canyoneering activity? I can't find the exact address... How much would it cost to get there?

Many thanks

9 replies to this topic
Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
20,265 posts
254 reviews
1. Re: Canyoneering

We used Joepro as they have good reviews and you just need to go to their office which is a bus ride away from the main highway in Moalboal -> http://joeproadventures.com/

Edited: 18 January 2018, 00:48
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Canyoneering

@jasmine248

Yes, I found that out during our visit to Kawasan Falls last month. During our visit to Kawasan Falls, I was able to strike a conversation with a local guy as we passed by their place which is by the side of the trail to the falls. He was an employee of Moalboal city hall and he was tending to a small booth or stall offering canyoneering adventure. Based on what I saw, the booth was full of canyoneering gear such as life vests, helmets, shoes, dry bags, action cameras. When I asked him if he is selling all those items on display in their booth, he said no and told me that they're offering canyoneering adventure tours. He even offered me if I'm interested. Unfortunately I told him no because we're not prepared yet. Maybe next time I told him. He also told me that the cost of the canyoneering per person is P1,300 regardless of a single or group which already include everything (except meal, I guess). But you can buy meal of BBQ and rice halfway through the adventure in the middle of the jungle (yes, BBQ stop in a jungle), Just make sure to bring some cash in a ziplock which you can tuck inside your life vest.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Canyoneering

Thank you both

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
5,632 posts
668 reviews
4. Re: Canyoneering

mine i paid 1500, includes lunch at kawasan falls and the bamboo raft ride.

Brazil
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Canyoneering

You paid 1500 with Cyan, or you got another operator?

Québec
1 post
1 review
6. Re: Canyoneering

Hi,

What did you do finally ?

Did you book with a company or just showed up ?

Im going in Moalboal in april and i have the same question !

Thank you !

Level Contributor
1,389 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Canyoneering

I found out that most hotels and resort in southern Cebu towns offer canyoneering tours and many other popular tours around Cebu south. If your resort/hotel doesn't offer, chances are the next hotel offers it. There are lots of hotels and resorts in Moalboal area you can just check around. There's no need to prebook your tour. Even the trail going to Kawasan Falls, there are independent canyoneering outfit that offer such service and just show up there. Just make sure your arrival is within the time frame of the canyoneering adventure. The activity lasts for 3-4 hours so make sure to arrive before 11AM.

Lapu Lapu...
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Canyoneering

How much do they offer you? Try to do this if it competes with their price. Hire a private car that would cost around 3000 pesos then pay the regulated price of canyoneering @ 1500 pesos per head.If this is still expensive for you then you can ride a tricycle from your hotel to a bus stop in Moalaboal then ride going to Kawasan, just tell the conductor that you stop there. in Kawasan you can find a lot of people that will offer you canyoneering at the price I said above.

9. Re: Canyoneering

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2018, 16:46

Reply to: Canyoneering
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Moalboal