We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best guide in Kurdistan

Brive-la-Gaillarde...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
13 helpful votes
Best guide in Kurdistan

Haval est un guide exceptionnel, connaissant sa région sur le bout des doigts , sa gentillesse n'a d'égale que son professionnalisme et son honnêteté. Il est l'homme qu'il vous faut si vous souhaitez visiter cette magnifique région.

www.irqaikurdistanguide.com

4 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
67 helpful votes
1. Re: Best guide in Kurdistan

I traveled with Karwan Wahed, who runs Iraqi Kurdistan Tours. He was recommended by a number of friends who traveled with him, and he far exceeded my expectations. He went above and beyond to show us as much of Kurdistan as he could, packing in as many as 13 sights in one day!

Karwan was extremely knowledgable in all things Kurdish — he happily answered our questions on everything from the Kurdish genocide and Saddam’s evil doings to funny Kurdish jokes and pop songs. We had eye-opening conversations on Kurdish-Iraq relations, as well as fun times joking around and belting out Kurdish songs in the car.

Having traveled to 130 countries, I've met my fair share of tour guides and Karwan was definitely one of the best guides I've encountered. I can’t recommend Karwan enough and definitely hope to return to Kurdistan soon to explore more with him.

2. Re: Best guide in Kurdistan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 October 2018, 03:04

London, United...
4 posts
3. Re: Best guide in Kurdistan

I had recently spent 5 days in Iraqi Kurdistan, visiting Erbil, Mar Mattai, Lalish, Alqosh, Amidy, Saddam's Palace,Dohuk, Barzan, Rawanduz,Halabja and Sulaymayeya. My amazing guide Haval is knowledgeable and was very attentive and patient with my questions. Haval is a wonderful guide who does a fantastic job of sharing his love of the Kurdistan region with you. I have to say if you are travelling to this region and really want to see it properly I Highly recommend Haval. Best tour guide in Iraqi Kurdistan.

www.iraqikurdistanguide.com

4. Re: Best guide in Kurdistan

I spent 6 days in Iraq-Kurdistan with Haval. We visited the christian monasteryes ,Saddams Palace, we went inside Lalish temple the heart of the 4000 years Yazidi faith, we visited Salahadin castel, Khanzad castle, Rawanduz canyon, Bekhal waterfalls, Gali Ali bag, Citadel of

Erbil. It was great to have Haval as a guide. Lots of interesting information and very knowledgeable guide. Very professional and a great guy as well. I'd recommended booking a trip to Kurdistan and definitely book Haval.

www.iraqikurdistanguide.com

Reply to: Best guide in Kurdistan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Erbil