We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Guide for Iraqi Kurdistan - Karwan

2 posts
1 review
Recommended Guide for Iraqi Kurdistan - Karwan

I'm just recently back from a trip around Northern Iraq and the Kurdistan region. I have to say if you are travelling to this region and really want to see it properly I cannot recommend Karwan and his travel services more. From the moment he picked me up at the airport he brought me for lunch with his wonderful family and then we were straight out the road on the road trip around Kurdistan. Karwan was very open to an suggestion I had and was quite happy to follow the itinerary I had picked but he also included lots of places I had not even considered which was wonderful. He's also really easy to get along with and really laid back about everything. If you really want to explore Northern Iraq properly, go with Karwan - Kurdistan Iraq Guide

3 replies to this topic
1 post
1 review
1. Re: Recommended Guide for Iraqi Kurdistan - Karwan

I went to Kurdistan as a solo traveler. Karwan met me at the airport and we started our day tour. I had a really great and interesting time with Karwan as he showed me the wonders of this exotic place. Professional, personal and safe.

Sweden
2 posts
2. Re: Recommended Guide for Iraqi Kurdistan - Karwan

I travelled with Haval owner of www.iraqikurdistanguide.com

After reading so many excellent reviews, we decided to book with Haval tour guide. Was amazed by how prompt and efficient, we had quite a few emails. It was lovely to meet Haval in our hotel lobby and to be taken on our private tour in an air conditioned car. Left hotel at 8am, so an easy drive with not much traffic. We visited Lalish Yazide holly tampel, Mar Mattai monastery. Also went to Alqosh. Had some delicious Kebab and rice. It felt like we knew Haval for long time. Back to our hotel after a great day, and Haval was a perfect guide. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

www.iraqikurdistanguide.com

2 posts
1 review
3. Re: Recommended Guide for Iraqi Kurdistan - Karwan

My partner and I spent a week in Kurdistan in October 2018, of which 5 days were with Karwan's tours. As with most of the reviewers below, we booked Karwan on the strength of other on-line reviews and pre-tour his timely and informative communications gave us the confidence to book with him. The trip itself, was perfect. Karwan's itinerary and hotel choices were ideal for us, but i have no doubt he could tailor a more bespoke trip to suit specific requirements and interests, as he has a thorough knowledge of the region and all the sites. As well as seeing the fantastic scenery (for example: canyons, lakes, mountains) we also visited fascinating historical, cultural and religious sites and museums. Hallabja and Lalish were just a couple of the highlights. Karwan speaks perfect english and we felt completely relaxed in his company.We also felt completely safe travelling in the region. I have no hesitation in recommending Kurdistan and Karwan.

Reply to: Recommended Guide for Iraqi Kurdistan - Karwan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Erbil