Wonderful Family visit to Erbil and Northern Iraqi Kurdistan

My husband, 3-year-old son, and I recently took a marvelous trip to Erbil. We hadn't planned on hiring a guide as we are experienced travelers, but after spending a full day around Erbil's attractions we realized we were going to want to explore outside of the city. I looked on tripadvisor for a guide recommendation and found Karwan Wahed. I sent him an email and he got back to me right away. We were lucky that he was free for the next 2 days and we hired him to take us all around the North and North West of the area.

Karwan was warm, friendly and funny. His english was very good and my son was a big fan of his. We left our itinerary to him and he didn't disappoint. From the fascinating Yazidi culture in Lalish, to beautiful waterfalls and Cliffside monasteries, to a photo op on Sadam's tanks; every moment of the trip was fascinating and a pleasure.

To cap off a great trip Karwan even invited us to his home where his son's and my son played together like old friends. We couldn't have asked for a better experience to see the sites of a beautiful country and get to know some of the warmest people I've met.