We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Visa

I am an Australian citizen travelling to Erbil, Iraq with my partner who is Australian born in Iraq and his family. I've heard different things regarding visas. Can you get one on arrival or do you need to apply for one in advance?

Mentioned in this post
Erbil
Erbil
Erbil Province, Iraq
6 replies to this topic
Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
88 posts
489 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa

Erbil is in Kurdistan or Iraq Kurdistan so you can get a visa on arrival for free- 15 day stay but you can't leave the region as in, if you wish to travel to Baghdad, you will need the IRAQ visa

Mentioned in this post
Erbil
Erbil
Erbil Province, Iraq
Erbil-Kurdistan
Erbil-Kurdistan
164 Reviews
Erbil, Iraq
Baghdad
Baghdad
Baghdad Province, Iraq
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa

Hello I'm planning to have tour in erbil I'm filipino but currently working in Doha... How I get visa? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Doha
Doha
Qatar
Istanbul, Turkey
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa

Hi Monalisa.

I was in Eribl and I had great time. I hired Haval Qaraman tour guide. Haval is very helpful person so you can contact him: haval@iraqikurdistanguide.com

I'm sure he knows about visa details.

Germany
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa

Can I have tourist visa to Erbil if coming from Manila?

Mentioned in this post
Erbil
Erbil
Erbil Province, Iraq
5. Re: Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 June 2018, 21:19

Moscow
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa

I have Egyptian passport and live in UAE, what are the visa requirements to visit Erbil for business?if somebody knows the regulation and can help, I appreciate it,+971528981995

Mentioned in this post
Erbil
Erbil
Erbil Province, Iraq
Reply to: Visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted