We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Share a boat ride to Marietas Islands Tuesday Nov 24?

illinois
Level Contributor
565 posts
20 reviews
Share a boat ride to Marietas Islands Tuesday Nov 24?

My self,wife, 2 boys will be hiring a fishing co-op boat for a snorkel/sightsee trip around 2:00 pm that day. Cost is $120-$140 and boat holds 10. So if you want to share fun (or seasickness) and cost send us an email. We will be in Bucerias and Sayulita before that trip. They also say there is a 30% chance of a whale sighting! Fishing co-op is in Ancelote near Punta.

illinois
Level Contributor
565 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Share a boat ride to Marietas Islands Tuesday Nov 24?

Hello, anyone out there? I can hear you breathing. How can you say know to magical islands seen from a panga?

Cobble Hill, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Share a boat ride to Marietas Islands Tuesday Nov 24?

Could possibly be interested.. We are a family of 6 staying at the Royal Decameron. Do they include lunch and drinks etc? I suppose it leaves from the Marina. Where abouts are you people staying?

Thanks, Linda

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
13,375 posts
77 reviews
3. Re: Share a boat ride to Marietas Islands Tuesday Nov 24?

I hope Gregillinois doesn't mind me posting this link. This is our family taking this same tour in 2006.

The tour leaves from the Cooperativo in Punta Mita so you would need to take a northbound bus. If you're interested I'm sure Greg can give you more precise directions.

Lunch is not included but there are great restaurants all along the beach.

This is a great trip, much less commercialized than some of the tours offered by the big tour companies and extremely good value. Highly recommended.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g499443-s4/Punta-De-M…

illinois
Level Contributor
565 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Share a boat ride to Marietas Islands Tuesday Nov 24?

Hey Linda, we sent you an email and it looks doable. Carey as allways thanks for your info. Any suggestions for lunch in Ancelote before the boat(I am assuming we will not get seasick!), Also how is water temp out there for snorkeling?

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
13,375 posts
77 reviews
5. Re: Share a boat ride to Marietas Islands Tuesday Nov 24?

Hi again: Water temperature should be fine. It's still summer there. Also, re: lunch, if you take a look at the map (see link below), The Cooperativo is #2, and just to your right you'll see Margarita's #16 (my first choice for you as the owner, Hector, is a lovely person and the food is good. Watch those Margaritas though :). Or if you prefer, or it isn't open, Marisco's Tinos is #18 on the map. It's always good. The same family and menu as the Marisco's Tinos on the Malecon in Vallarta, and Laguna in Nuevo Vallarta. Hope it works out for you. I wouldn't worry too much about seasickness. It's only 8 miles. Barring some unforseen storm, it's no different than taking a boat on a lake at a cottage. Have fun!

http://www.puntademita.com/corraldelrisco.htm

illinois
Level Contributor
565 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: Share a boat ride to Marietas Islands Tuesday Nov 24?

Carey, Great map for all who may be interested. If this works I will email you to buy you the margirita (or two) of your choice either in Ancelote or Bucerias (we are at Palmeras 18-21 then to Sayulita. No matter what we will see those islands. Again thanks for your info.

surrey eh vo BC
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Share a boat ride to Marietas Islands Tuesday Nov 24?

greg we rented a panga at punta de mita and had a blast some of us snorkled some just enjoyed the scenery and drank cervesas.our captain took us inside some caves and we saw some bluefooted boobies.on the way back we saw three whales and dolphins.it was the 1st week of dec. you will have a blast

illinois
Level Contributor
565 posts
20 reviews
8. Re: Share a boat ride to Marietas Islands Tuesday Nov 24?

I know the fishing boat tour will be great. But we still need a couple or two especially since by adult sons crapped out leaving me and my wife in a $140 boat that seats 10! I can't believe that someone in Bucerias would not jump at the chance for the 2 hr trip from Ancelote that afternoon. We leave Wed for Bucerieas (staying 4 nites at Palmeras) and we will keep checking emails. (there is a $120 boat but the $140 boat is a little bigger and has a little bano which my wife insisted on, it is still an incredible deal to split costs)

surrey eh vo BC
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Share a boat ride to Marietas Islands Tuesday Nov 24?

greg we get down on the 21st of nov at the rdc can't commit but will try to more sleepsconnect when we get down. 7 more sleeps

illinois
Level Contributor
565 posts
20 reviews
10. Re: Share a boat ride to Marietas Islands Tuesday Nov 24?

Stay in touch-the more the merrier! We may check ot the Twisted Rose that nite to see the salsa band. For the boat trip we will be coming from Sayulita but according to that TA site the bus out tp Punta is easy. Lets all hope for normal flights down to PV.

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias