We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trolly

1 post
trolly

what is the price of a trolly from tampa to anna marie island?

12 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,569 posts
1. Re: trolly

There isn't a trolly service between those two towns.

kutztown, pa
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: trolly

There really is no easy public transportation between Tampa (which is well over an hour away) and AMI. You have to either rent a car or arrange for a private ride service.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: trolly

The trolley on the island only runs the length of the island. You might want a car for grocery runs or to go somewhere when it is raining. Transportation from Tampa is not inexpensive and you might find it better to rent a car and drive yourself. Using the trolley on the island would not permit you to go to the seafood restaurants in neighboring Cortez.

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
102 reviews
4. Re: trolly

Our friends left today & a private car from Anna Maria to Tampa cruise terminal was $70

O'Fallon, Missouri
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: trolly

I have a question about the trolley. When I look at the website for the trolley, they list times for 7 stops, but when I look at google maps, it looks like there are a lot more than 7 trolley stops. What is the spacing on the trolley stops, every few blocks, or a half mile or so?

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,042 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: trolly

No, there are plenty of Trolley Stops along the Island. Every few yards actually :-)

kutztown, pa
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
57 reviews
7. Re: trolly

The googlemaps gives you the actual lay of the land. At most every couple (or three) blocks, sometimes much closer.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
343 posts
26 reviews
8. Re: trolly

Is there a charge for the Trolly?

Anna Maria FL USA
Level Contributor
188 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: trolly

The trolley is FREE!!! They run approximately every 20 minutes. it runs the length of the island . Remember to take a picture of your Trolley stop number .

Michigan Center...
Level Contributor
111 posts
60 reviews
10. Re: trolly

This thread already asked the question I was going to about google showing more stops than the MCAT map, so I hope it isn't bad etiquette to just post here instead of starting yet another thread. If so, I can do that.

Trying to compare the MCAT website map against google maps: is the thing to be most aware of in the part where Gulf Dr & Palm Dr show as split/one way, just to make sure you're going the direction you intended? During this split portion, is it correct that Palm Dr stops will have you going north (until the trolley turns around) and Gulf Dr would have you going south sooner?

Reply to: trolly
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Anna Maria Island