We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sun centre

manchester. uk
Level Contributor
279 posts
26 reviews
sun centre

hello - is the sun centre worth a visit - is it well maintained and clean for instance ?? thanks

19 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
11. Re: sun centre

It's known as disgusting among locals...

I too , have high standards and would never ever go there, let alone let young kids go!

Dumfries
1 post
1 review
12. Re: sun centre

First time I visited the 'Sun Centre' was 25 years ago when I was 5.. It was quite expensive then and you had to pay for the slide, monorail and surf pool separately to the main admission price. I remember my mother complaining.

25 year on I decided to take my children. I was a bit shocked to be honest. I really doesn't look like anything has been done to keep the place up to scratch. Two new slides have been added. But the monorail wasn't working. This place now looks tired and past it's sell by date. Desperately needs a deep clean and re-painting.

It is heartbreaking when you look back 25 years to what it was then. So sad.

Edited: 01 May 2012, 04:01
Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
13. Re: sun centre

the life guards are a waste off space my 8 year fell and hurt herself and the lifeguard just sat there in a world off there own also i saw a little boy slip and wack his head on the floor right near to a life guard and they didnt even move a inch to see if he was ok a think the only qualifacation they have got between them is sitting on there back sides blowing a whistle

Newcastle-under-Lyme...
1 post
1 review
14. Re: sun centre

i came to the sun centre on 10/7/12 (last wk ) with my partner 15 year old daughter an 14 year neice . it was disscusting their was water leaking from the celing, dirty floors ,staff who were also u clean neither looked professinol and life guards that didnt ave a clue and were more interested in the statuse their t shirt gave them ! the water was cold the room was cold thire was not enough for teens an more for little kids and even their play stuff was dirty rusty and un kept .i last went when i was 12 iam now 33 i couldnt belive it was still the same but unkept!!!! i live in stoke on trent and we have water world which is way ahead of its time plenty more things to do and has a high standered all round !!! my daughter was gutted she couldnt belive what a dive it was and it was for her birthday too i was livid it had cost £34 wen i could of drove back stoke and gone water world for an extra few quid if i had known the sun centre was such a state i would not of gone!!! even when we ate our food which was the only thing that was nice other than waitin 40 mins for a burger we were gettin wet from the roof leaking . i dont no how it passes safty checks if it even has one it needs knocking down and re building and the boss should look at our water world an see how it should be done !!!!! needless to say we will not be goin again untill its had a refurb !!!!

Llansanffraid Glan...
Level Contributor
671 posts
232 reviews
15. Re: sun centre

Denbighshire Council have agreed a plan in principle to demolish the Sun Centre and build a new £10m aquatic centre to replace it. I guess the problem they have now is trying to find £10m!

If you want to visit the Sun Centre (warts and all) you'd better do it ASAP.

Conwy, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
16. Re: sun centre

went here on sunday as a treat for my son and his friends. I work as a duty manager at a pool and am a qualified lifeguard and was horrified at the place. There is a ledge of about 4 foot around the pool where kids where jumping in from (even into very shallow water), they where pushing each other in, jumping in backwards and I saw one little boy jump onto another swimmers back, another little girl of about 7 was actually summersaulting into fairly shallow water. Not once did the lifeguards stop this from happening as it was very dangerous. The last thing I want is to be a spoilsport as I know to kids its a lot of fun, but there is a bad accident waiting to happen here unless they change their Operating Policies.

Conwy, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
17. Re: sun centre

quite simply, dont go there. its not safe, lifeguards are not alert, and somebody one day will get seriously hurt.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
18. Re: sun centre

sun center its gone its no more ! yep rhyl needs urgent community support and some love shame dont like see our lovely country look so beaten and rotting could be with right funding and planning and local voices heard regenerated to a fresh new era sea side town please give it a chance it has hidden bueaty.

Prestatyn, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
492 reviews
19. Re: sun centre

Now closed down and demolished

Reply to: sun centre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rhyl
Recent Conversations