We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visitting fanily who stay in Shangrila Yanuca Resort

3 posts
Visitting fanily who stay in Shangrila Yanuca Resort

While my daughter and her family are staying in Shangrila Yanuca Resort, can my wife and I visit them as we are not staying in the resort ? We are worry that the resort is exclusively for resort guest who stay in only.

6 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New Zealand, Tasmania
Level Contributor
28,356 posts
440 reviews
245 helpful votes
1. Re: Visitting fanily who stay in Shangrila Yanuca Resort

Hi Joe and welcome to the forum.

I would send off an e-mail to the resort to clarify the situation as I have only stayed there as a guest.

As this maybe your first time visit to Fiji I would like to draw your attention to the Column on the right hand side of the main Fiji forum only visible on a tablet or Computer "Top Questions about Fiji" and in particular to the topic "What to bring to Fiji" Link below

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134773/Fiji:Faq.What.Do.We.Need.To.Bring.html

It was put together by past and present poster although cannot be edited it is still relevant today

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
9,887 posts
9 reviews
43 helpful votes
2. Re: Visitting fanily who stay in Shangrila Yanuca Resort

Years ago, the Shangri la allowed day trippers, so would contact them for their policy regarding guests. If you aren't allowed to visit, maybe your daughter and her family could come to your resort?

If neither option is possible, you might consider meeting up and doing a tour together. A very popular activity close to the Shangri la is Ecotrax. It looks like a lot of fun for the whole family, and gets excellent reviews. Due to its popularity, if interested in doing the tour, recommend booking in advance of arriving Fiji. It is already booked through mid January. Prices, times, and other information on their website.

https://www.ecotrax.com.fj/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294336-d13002341-Reviews-Ecotrax_Fiji-Sigatoka_Coral_Coast_Viti_Levu.html

Hope this helps, and enjoy your countdown until you arrive in paradise.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,356 posts
440 reviews
245 helpful votes
3. Re: Visitting fanily who stay in Shangrila Yanuca Resort

Hi Joe,

Just a follow up.

Here is a message I received from the resort today.

Greetings from the Shangri-La Yanuca Island, Fiji.

We wish to inform that outside visitor visiting the property totally depends on high occupancy . At this moment , we are running on very high occupancy hence we do not allow . However , we suggest you to call

a day prior to visiting for approval.

Kind Regards,

Shayal Singh

Reservations Agent

Shangri-La Yanuca Island, Fiji

E. reservations.fij@shangri-la.com

T. +679 6520155

Yanuca Island, Sigatoka, Fiji

http://Shangri.la.com | Reservations

Do hope this helps.

If there are issues maybe what post #2 has suggested may work.

3 posts
4. Re: Visitting fanily who stay in Shangrila Yanuca Resort

Thank you for the reply, hopefully in 3rd week of March 2023 won't be a peak season in Fiji as Aussie school holiday had finished.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
9,887 posts
9 reviews
43 helpful votes
5. Re: Visitting fanily who stay in Shangrila Yanuca Resort

Hopefully Joe, everything works out and you are able to get together with your daughter and her familiy.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,356 posts
440 reviews
245 helpful votes
6. Re: Visitting fanily who stay in Shangrila Yanuca Resort

You are welcome Joe,

Yes, March will definitely not be anywhere as busy as the resorts are right now.

Have a wonderful time in Fiji and if you get a chance let us know how things went.

Reply to: Visitting fanily who stay in Shangrila Yanuca Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yanuca Island
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.