We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shangri-la Fijian Resort Meals/Food Prices

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
Shangri-la Fijian Resort Meals/Food Prices

Hi All,

I have booked my self at the resort for Nov, Just trying to gauge food price at the restaurants for Lunch and Dinner. I assume they have a buffet available plus al a carte.

14 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
1. Re: Shangri-la Fijian Resort Meals/Food Prices

If you email the hotel, they will happily send you a copy of the menus!

Sydney NSW
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
2. Re: Shangri-la Fijian Resort Meals/Food Prices

Hi, just returned from there. The served a nightly buffet in the Lagoon Terrace which from memory was about $70 FJD . The theme changed nightly but having said that, each night had prawns and mussels, cold meats, salads, cheeses and pastas. Then several 'theme meals ' were included ( mostly hot dishes). Desserts were varied. We found them tasty enough.

We ate at two ala carte restaurants. At the Bar and Grill, it was things like ribs, burgers, and shish kebabs. They were around 20 - 25 AUD (except lamb which was a bit dearer. ((menu had both prices). Entrees were about 10 AUD and desserts a bit less. Cocktails were cheapest here around $20 FJD (essentials so I didn't read the conversion haha. The Takuli restaurant was similar prices. All meals at the restaurants were large (and my husband and I are good eaters).

The Cowrie wasn't open when we were there as it was being renovated, so I have no idea about the menu or the prices. It looked nice though as it was open at breakfast to sit there.

For 2 adults with a few drinks each ( the big bit) dinner was about $160 FJD a night averaged over the 10 nights.

Bars have happy hours but it wasn't all that great a saving as you had fewer cocktails to choose from (and I think beers- I don't drink it) to choose from

For lunch, there were slightly cheaper menu options and a cafe near the shops and infinity pool. but we found if you had a good breakfast (ours was included ) you really didn't need a lunch... or just a dish to share.

Breakfast was a massive event. If you are just adults would definitely eat it at the Cowrie cause there are no children allowed ( It was the Takeli when we were there - renovations in the Cowrie), but it was still fine at the Lagoon terrace - all the same food at both but the adult one stays open until 11am ( half an hour extra).

Feel free to ask any questions - I might know the answer. We used resort activities and some tours too.

We had a wonderful time :)

Edited: 6 years ago
Hope Island...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
11 helpful votes
3. Re: Shangri-la Fijian Resort Meals/Food Prices

This is helpful thank you. We are booked for February and not having been to Fiji before are a bit nervous about the rumoured prices. Was soft drinks/water prices okay in the hotel - not too expensive or should we buy outside? We have breakfast included in our stay so plan to make the most of it :-)

1 post
4. Re: Shangri-la Fijian Resort Meals/Food Prices

Do they have coffee maker and a fridge in rooms?

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
5. Re: Shangri-la Fijian Resort Meals/Food Prices

We are staying at Shangri La Fijian resort and spa at present the best value night meal is definitely the golden cowrie Italian restaurant large meals and complimentary breads for breakfast we also liked golden cowrie the lagoon was ok for breakfast but was closed for dinner and bar and grill was so overpriced a and ordinary food

Edited: 4 years ago
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New Zealand, Tasmania
Level Contributor
28,635 posts
428 reviews
245 helpful votes
6. Re: Shangri-la Fijian Resort Meals/Food Prices

Great to hear you are enjoying the Shangr-la resort and spa.

How are you finding the resort beach lagoon is it OK for snorkeling?.

CC
2 posts
7. Re: Shangri-la Fijian Resort Meals/Food Prices

Hi did they have canoes and snorkel gear available? and did they offer tours to go on?

Thank you

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New Zealand, Tasmania
Level Contributor
28,635 posts
428 reviews
245 helpful votes
8. Re: Shangri-la Fijian Resort Meals/Food Prices

I know when we were there all non motorised sports were free and we enjoyed the canoes. Not sure about the snorkeling gear as we took our own Masks and snorkel didn't need flippers at the resort. Yes the Resort has a tour desk for any tours you wish to take.

Luxury escapes here currently have full meal packages running. CC your profile doesn't indicate where you are from.

https://luxuryescapes.com/au/offer/shangri-la-yanuca-island-fiji/0062y000002LpStAAK

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands, Rarotonga, Fiji, North Island
Level Contributor
6,841 posts
31 reviews
131 helpful votes
9. Re: Shangri-la Fijian Resort Meals/Food Prices

Hi CC. From a little poking around I did it appears they have kayaks available as complimentary to their guests however snorkeling gear attracts an awkward set of charges whereby you're charged for the use of a snorkel (mouthpiece) but not for flippers and goggles. However if you use the flippers and goggles for more than one hour at a time you do get charged for them. A very odd set up since few people have time on their mind once they begin snorkeling and would be likely to get caught out going over the one hour limit. However it's always best to take your own snorkel (especially in these times of covid concern) and goggles are easy enough to pack. Flippers may or may not be needed but, if you have the space and think you'll get the use out of them, perhaps take them too.

Why not contact them directly for further clarification of the above. Some packages may include the use of snorkeling gear if you decide to go with a package deal rather than a direct booking.

All major resorts have tour desks for their guests and will help you decide on the most suitable tours and day trips and make the relevant bookings for you.

Have fun and enjoy your time in beautiful Fiji.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
103 reviews
89 helpful votes
10. Re: Shangri-la Fijian Resort Meals/Food Prices

Can anyone update on menu and food prices 2021 at Shangri-la

Reply to: Shangri-la Fijian Resort Meals/Food Prices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yanuca Island
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.