We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shop Nearby

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
Shop Nearby

Hi Everyone,

I'm traveling to the Doubletree Resort Sonaisali Fiji with my family next week. I'm after some information on the whereabouts of the nearest Shop/Supermarket to the resort. I'm after just general items like soft drinks/snacks/beer. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
43 reviews
23 helpful votes
1. Re: Shop Nearby

Hi there! Your best shops would be back in Nadi town as you have the bigger supermarkets and much more choice and range about 20 mins drive away. You do have some very small roadside shops but to be honest everytime I have stayed at the resort in the past I just buy up in town. Depending on what time you are coming to the resort you would come through Nadi town on your way so if you are arriving by taxi or private car you could ask them to stop for you.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Shop Nearby

Thanks for the advice Bluestreak,

I'm getting there late when shops will be closed, so was looking at going somewhere close by the next morning without paying $50 for a taxi. I was thinking there might be s milk bar type shop not too far away from the jetty, hopefully within walking distance.

The Entrance...
Level Contributor
518 posts
64 reviews
42 helpful votes
3. Re: Shop Nearby

There is one on the corner of the main road as you turn off to doubletree. I didn't stop there so can't give any more info but it was roughly?? a 20min walk.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
43 reviews
23 helpful votes
4. Re: Shop Nearby

There is a small corner store on the corner of the main road and the road leading to Double tree however it would be a good 20 minute walk to get to this from the resort and I have never been into this one so can't say exactly what they have its looks quite basic from outside but it would only be limited stock and im not sure if any alcohol. Nadi town would be your best bet for all your supplies and grog.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Shop Nearby

Thanks klh75 and bluestreek. Appreciate the help.

Level Contributor
402 posts
11 reviews
2 helpful votes
6. Re: Shop Nearby

At the corner of the main road into Double Tree/ Sonaisali there is now a FoodHall supermarket - ample stuff & variety than a corner shop :) There is no need to go all the way to Nadi unless you would like to visit Nadi too.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Shop Nearby

Thanks for your help WW

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
55 posts
15 reviews
11 helpful votes
8. Re: Shop Nearby

Hi there so how far would this food market be from the resort? Is it walkable ?

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
43 reviews
23 helpful votes
9. Re: Shop Nearby

Yes it is walkable you would be looking at a brisk 15 minute walk to get to the shop. Take a hat if hot as the whole walk will be in the sun.

10. Re: Shop Nearby

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Sonaisali Island
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.