We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info needed

australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
255 reviews
166 helpful votes
Info needed

Hi heading to fiji in mid june. Staying at Sonaisali Resort. Ive heard there are markets & a marina outside of this resort, how far away are they? When are the markets on? Is it easy to get transport to both? How would we go about this & not spend a fortune?

Is there horse riding at this resort or very nearby? Is there a boat trip that island & beach hops for the day thats not over the top expensive? Can anyone suggest anything else to do thats outside of this resort? I dont want to be totally resort bound for the entire time but my budget is not endless.

Thankyou

5 replies to this topic
New South Wales...
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
373 reviews
318 helpful votes
1. Re: Info needed

I don't know anything about markets but they do have on site horse riding and island tours, jetski safaris, shopping trips to Nadi and more. When we were there for a week we nearly needed a diary to keep a track of all our activities 😊 They also have an onsite Rosie Tour desk to book a huge range of trips. You certainly won't get bored......

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
43 reviews
23 helpful votes
2. Re: Info needed

Hi there i think the resort you are talking about is First Landing and they have a marina and markets. If you wanted to go to the markets you could hire a driver or take a taxi (There us a taxi rank just near the jetty at Sonaisali) it is at Vuda Point Marina where the markets are held. Sonaisali has quite a few horse and yes they do horse riding the guide and horse man is Mithun and he is wonderful with the horses. Sonaisali has many wonderful full and half day cruises and activities and they do a beach tour to Natadola for swimming and turtle rock for snorkeling. Sonaisali is very handy to the mainland so you can even hire a car if you wanted to explore the coral coast, go to Kula Ecco Park or Garden of the sleeping giant, tours into town to shop and village tours so very many options and Rosies also have a tour desk at Sonaisali for even more options. I have been to Sonaisali 10 times so if you would like any more info please ask me happy to share my experience!

Edited: 10 years ago
australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
255 reviews
166 helpful votes
3. Re: Info needed

Thanks much appreciated

australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
255 reviews
166 helpful votes
4. Re: Info needed

Ive heard that is very expensive to catch taxi`s is this true.

Tea Gardens...
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
37 reviews
87 helpful votes
5. Re: Info needed

No taxis in Fiji are very cheap compared to Aussie prices provided you ask the driver to use his meter or agree upon a price before entering the cab.

Reply to: Info needed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sonaisali Island
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.