We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sonaisali in 2 weeks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
32 helpful votes
Sonaisali in 2 weeks

2 twenty something year old girls heading to Sonaisali on 29 December and can't wait !!

I've read the posts for the place and was wondering if there was any recent/ upto date advice on getting from the airport to the Island - should we just cab it/ ferry on our own or should we arrange a shuttle through the resort?

I'm also interested to hear about how the resort food is - expensive ? really good ? Where are some recent favourites on the mainland to eat ?

Finally, we love to scuba - where is the best place to go in Fiji near Sonaisali island ?

Any other tips welcome !!

3 replies to this topic
Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
43 reviews
23 helpful votes
1. Re: Sonaisali in 2 weeks

Hi Rachel, Just returned from Sonaisali a couple of weeks ago it was my 9th visit and i loved every minute of it. You can easily take a taxi from the airport when you arrive. There are always heaps available. Sonaisali does have their own transport and you could arrange this. Either way you are looking at 20 min journey time and the boat trip across is only like 2 minutes ride and goes all the time when people require it. Sonaisali food is awesome plenty of choices and the Plantation Fine Dining is amazing you have to try it at least once! Sonaisali does offer scuba and there are so many places in Fiji to go best to discuss with the dive master once you arrive. So how lucky are you News Years in Fiji. If you want any other info message me or write back!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
108 reviews
81 helpful votes
2. Re: Sonaisali in 2 weeks

All the best with the trip and hopefully this Cyclone Evan doesn't cause any/much grief.

Because of Sonaisali's location everytime it floods crap heads up the inlet.

Be safe and take extra notice of the evac plan at Sonaisali, as if the tides do get high, it could flood both sides of the island.

Aptos, California...
1 post
3. Re: Sonaisali in 2 weeks

Bula Rachel,

Take the hotel's transfers, you'll save money, and reports are saying that there was no structural damage at Sonaisali from Cyclone Evan, just landscaping, which should be set straight within a few days.

They have a dive operation right on property and they can take you to any of the nearby spots, although you can be sure that visibility will be compromised for quite some time due to runoff and churning. This might not be the best time for that, although snorkeling will be fine, but that does require a boat trip as well.

The f&b at Sonaisali is good, if maybe a little spendy. The meal plan makes a lot of sense so you should consider adding it if you don't have it already. It's a bit of an ordeal to get into town so not something that you would probably do just for a meal, although if you were also going clubbing certainly would be convenient.

Reply to: Sonaisali in 2 weeks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sonaisali Island
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.