We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sonaisali In Just Under 10 Weeks!

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
43 reviews
23 helpful votes
Sonaisali In Just Under 10 Weeks!

Bula everyone who follows me! I hope you are all well and eagerly awaiting your upcoming trips to Fiji. I just wanted to let you all know im going to Sonaisali again in just under 10 weeks and am very excited! This will be my 9th stay at the resort and i am interested to see what changes if any have occured since my last visit!

I am hoping my flights with AP stay the same as they are currently as i have already seen 2 lots of cancellations and rebookings!

So my question to you all is what new things have you been doing while in Fiji and what new dining experiences have you all had? Im always interested for options on my trip so please let me know would love to hear from you all.

5 replies to this topic
Tea Gardens...
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
37 reviews
87 helpful votes
1. Re: Sonaisali In Just Under 10 Weeks!

Have a good one Bluestreek, I see the recent poor reviews on Sonaisali have not put you off !

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
43 reviews
23 helpful votes
2. Re: Sonaisali In Just Under 10 Weeks!

hey manaregular i have read the recent reviews but had booked long before them. I am waiting with baited breath to see just what my fav resort is up to! I must admit the recent poor reviews are a concern but i know how to have a good time while in Fiji so wont let them put me off! I am hoping to have a positive experience and be able to tell you all about it!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
751 posts
50 reviews
97 helpful votes
3. Re: Sonaisali In Just Under 10 Weeks!

Hi Blue, that has gone really quickly! Have you PM'ed anyone who has stayed there recently to get an idea of what it is really like. As we all know some people go on beer budgets and expect french champagne.

Do you have any plans whilst you are there?

Chellel

Pacific Coast...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
13,884 posts
139 reviews
331 helpful votes
4. Re: Sonaisali In Just Under 10 Weeks!

Sonaisali has borne the brunt of criticism for some years. You love it so will probably still love it. We all have different expectations so go and enjoy. After so many visits you must know it well warts and all!!!! The thing that would really put me of was hearing first hand from a young thing that it now had all night bands and was the place to go for nightlife???.

Edited: 11 years ago
Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
43 reviews
23 helpful votes
5. Re: Sonaisali In Just Under 10 Weeks!

Hi Barb! Sonaisali is not really known for a night life per say. They have a late night bar called Zero which is open till the early hours fridays and saturdays and other nights of the week are different entertainment and a band plays but not till late. Most nights after i have finished dinner the resort clears out with only a few people round and the band has finshed well before midnight. I am not sure what they are doing now but will be a suprise in a few weeks time to see the changes that have taken place since i was last their. I must say i have heard they no longer offer a full buffet breakfast now only a tropical fruit/toast/ceral option. I have however been told they do offer a hot menu at extra cost. I must say im not a tropical person i do like my eggs and the odd bit of hot food perhaps not every day but this time will be different! I suppose the upp side im gonna feel more fresh after a tropical breakfast arn't i. Well is now nearly 9 weeks till my departure and really looking forward to it.

Reply to: Sonaisali In Just Under 10 Weeks!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sonaisali Island
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.