We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearby restaurants

Collaroy Beach...
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
23 helpful votes
Nearby restaurants

As part of my decision on whether to get the meal package or not, I'm wondering of there are any restaurants nearby that are particularly good?

I realise the resort is a boat ride away from anything, but I have no idea if there are restaurants etc on the other side of the boat ride, or a short taxi ride away, and if so are there any that are particularly good?

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
365 reviews
318 helpful votes
1. Re: Nearby restaurants

Hi koconnor - the nearest restaurants would be at least a 20 minute taxi ride away. Unless you are particularly big eaters, I wouldn't get the meal package (do get B&B) as Sonaisali has a few options within the resort to enable you to mix it up a bit. Our favourite spot was the pool bar BBQ hut and sometimes we would share a pizza for lunch. If you're off on a daytrip, lunches are usually included.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
43 reviews
23 helpful votes
2. Re: Nearby restaurants

Hi Koconnor789. Sonaisali is my fav resort on the mainland in Fiji i have been travelling their for years. I am about to emark on a new trip back which will be my 9th in November for a few weeks of relaxation. I am very much looking forward to this trip and counting down madly. I have opted for the meal package he past few trips for a few reasons. I pay before i leave so i know it is all covered in the costs so i can just expect drink money, outings, spa treatments and of course shopping costs.

If you are not a big eater then the meal package is probably not your best option. This being siad you can buy a few meal packages and use them on alternate days when you may want more meals. You will get 2 courses at lunch, devonshire afternoon tea and 3 courses at dinner or the theme buffet that may be running on that night. You may also trade up and add a bit extra to the meal package to dine in Plantation Fine Dining which i say is a must at least once.

If you are only going to eat say a pizza, hamburger or say fish and chips or even share a pizza and only going to eat a main at dinner then it would be more cost effect to pay individual. However if you are going to say have a more full meal than this it is better to buyt the meal package as the costs do add up. If you go to the Sonaisali webpage their are sample menus and prices to give you an idea. Have a look do a few calculations and you will soon work out if it would be better for you to buy meal packages or not.

Sonaisali is a wonderful resort i am sure you are going to have a ball. When are you going and for how long?

Collaroy Beach...
Level Contributor
43 posts
25 reviews
23 helpful votes
3. Re: Nearby restaurants

Hi Bluestreek

We are going to Sonaisali in March for 7 nights. I know March is the rainly season but as a large family group it was the only time that everyone's schedules and the budget would allow.

Have you ever been there in the rainy season?

I'm assuming that if it is hot as well as rainy we will still enjoy the pool, although I'm hoping we find ways to entertain 3 toddlers in the rain!

4. Re: Nearby restaurants

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Sonaisali Island
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.