We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is the double tree resort at sonaisali island?

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
32 helpful votes
How is the double tree resort at sonaisali island?

Hello, it will be my 1st trip for Fiji. I heard that the beach at Denarau island is not good and muddy. Is the beach at Sonaisali island also muddy and not good for swimming? Also, we would like to explore Nadi for good seafood as well. Is it easy to go to Nadi from double tree resort? Is there any person at double tree that can help to book day tour or arrange car for us? How is the facility at double tree? I know I have many questions, but I really appreciate if you guys can share your experience. Thank you for your big help in advance.

2 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New Zealand, Tasmania
Level Contributor
28,638 posts
428 reviews
245 helpful votes
1. Re: How is the double tree resort at sonaisali island?

Hi Magkoo as nobody has responded.

I would first like to say I have not stayed there but it is isolated and requires a 3 minute boat ride from the mainland to get to the resort and 25 minutes from Nadi International Airport.

The lagoon is tidal so not ideal .

With this being your first trip to Fiji have a look at the following posts first.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294331-i883-k14367924-First_time_visitors_to_Fiji_Helpful_Hints-Fiji.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294331-i883-k14394934-Fiji_What_to_know_before_booking-Fiji.html

Depending on your budget I would propably look elsewhere. Each have there own wants and needs but for th picture postcard holiday an island off shore would be more suited.

For a little more help

How many are you?

When are you travelling?

How long are you traveling for?

Are you looking for adult only places?

Do you have a budget?.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
9,954 posts
9 reviews
43 helpful votes
2. Re: How is the double tree resort at sonaisali island?

The Double Tree is a favorite of DE, bluestreek. She has stayed at the resort many times, and would be best able to answer your questions. Hopefully, she will see your post, and respond with her first-hand knowledge and experiences with the resort with you. If not, suggest you send her private message for her insights.

Reply to: How is the double tree resort at sonaisali island?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sonaisali Island
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.