We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I take bottled water to Fiji?

Canterbury Region...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
Can I take bottled water to Fiji?
Save

I am keen to take a 1L of sealed bottle of water for each day (there 5 days) from NZ with me to Fiji…. Just wondering if anyone knows if this is allowed?

We are staying on Denarau Island and have no transportation and very little time to make a trip to the wee supermarket, as are going for a swimming event.

This is my first Fiji trip… so any tips/tricks most appreciated 😎

8 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New Zealand, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,771 posts
440 reviews
245 helpful votes
1. Re: Can I take bottled water to Fiji?
Save

Hi HK Curd and welcome to the Fiji Forum.

You cannot take more than 100ml of liquid in your hand luggage and I would not want to be putting 5 lts of water in my checked luggage.

I would ask the taxi or driver taking you to Denarau Island to stop at a supermarket along the way or buy it at the airport once through customs. keep in mind that Taxi drivers only take cash so you will need to get some FJ dollars at the airport. The currency exchange is open to all incoming flights and has good rates.

As this is your first trip to fiji the following post may assist further.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294331-i883-k14367924-First_time_visitors_to_Fiji_Helpful_Hints-Fiji.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294331-i883-k14394934-Fiji_What_to_know_before_booking-Fiji.html

Hope this helps.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
49 reviews
33 helpful votes
2. Re: Can I take bottled water to Fiji?
Save

You can easily buy it in duty free upon arrival in fiji

Canterbury Region...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Can I take bottled water to Fiji?
Save

Thank you both. I think this will be the best idea, to buy at the Airport once past Customs.

We have confirmed our flights, flying in 27-31 May staying at The Hilton.

Time to crack on with swim training - I can’t wait to experience Fiji 💙

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,771 posts
440 reviews
245 helpful votes
4. Re: Can I take bottled water to Fiji?
Save

HK Curd this could be the first of many trips to Fiji like we have done over 35 years.

Fiji can get addictive.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands, Rarotonga, Fiji, North Island
Level Contributor
6,841 posts
32 reviews
131 helpful votes
5. Re: Can I take bottled water to Fiji?
Save

Denarau isn't really an island, it's quite civilised in fact. You'll find you can purchase bottled water and other bits and pieces there easily (although post # 2 has nailed it in so far as making things straight forward goes). Check out the Bula Bus for ease of transport (loops around Denarau frequently on a daily basis).

https://bulabuses.com.fj/

Best of luck with your swim meets.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
30 helpful votes
6. Re: Can I take bottled water to Fiji?
Save

Hi HK Curd,

Perhaps another option.

We take a Stefani 2L Filter Jug when we travel to Fiji - cheap enough at around $25 and small enough to pack. Resort water supplies are generally pretty good but the filter gives a little bit of extra protection. You might find you knock back a bit more than 1L a day in the heat and having a filter jug means you can drink as much as you want without being concerned about running out. Enjoy your adventure.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,771 posts
440 reviews
245 helpful votes
7. Re: Can I take bottled water to Fiji?
Save

You will find that most resorts have filtered water at the bar for free use by their guests too.

Gulgong, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
6 reviews
1 helpful vote
8. Re: Can I take bottled water to Fiji?
Save

If you really want bottled wated there is a supermarket and a couple of grocery stores at Port Denarau where you can buy it.

Reply to: Can I take bottled water to Fiji?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Denarau Island
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.