We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone eat at the Denarau Island Resorts?

1 post
Can anyone eat at the Denarau Island Resorts?
Save

Hi,

As title suggests, I will be staying at the Raddison Blu, but me and my partner are foodies and would be keen to try some of the restaurants at Sofitel and Hilton. Can you access those despite not staying at the hotel?

Also, how are reservations usually made - I notice none of these restaurants do online booking, is it just walk ins or should I call in advance?

21 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New Zealand, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,796 posts
440 reviews
245 helpful votes
1. Re: Can anyone eat at the Denarau Island Resorts?
Save

Hi Carlos and welcome to the forum.

Some resorts do allow outsiders to eat at their restaurants but which ones I am not sure.

There are also eateries down at the Denarau marina that may be cheaper than the resorts. You could try those too.

Being your first time to Fiji Carlos I would like to draw your attention to the Column on the right hand side of the main Fiji forum "Top Questions about Fiji" and in particular to the topic "What to bring to Fiji" Link below

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134773/Fiji:Faq.What.Do.We.Need.To.Bring.html

It was put together by past and present poster although cannot be edited it is still relevant today

Edited: 1 year ago
Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
9,719 posts
9 reviews
43 helpful votes
2. Re: Can anyone eat at the Denarau Island Resorts?
Save

Hi Carlos, sugguest you contact the Hilton and Sofitel. They will be able to advise, if guests not staying at the resorts are allowed or not, and answer any questions you have.

If you are taking a taxi or private transfer to the Radisson ask your driver to stop at one of the markets along the way for snacks, beer, sodas, bottled water, etc. Will be less expensive than buying them at Denarau. If taking a taxi, you will need FJD as the drivers don't take credit cards. You can exchange money at the currency exchange office at the airport in Nadi. It is open for all arriving/departing flights.

Below is a link to restaurants at Port Denaraau. You might have a look at their websites for menus, prices, etc. There is also other information you might find helpful

https://www.fiji.travel/articles/denarau-island-where-to-eat-in-port-denarau

Hope this helps. Have a wonderful holiday at the Radisson, and enjoy your countdown till you arrive in paradise.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
49 reviews
33 helpful votes
3. Re: Can anyone eat at the Denarau Island Resorts?
Save

If you don’t get a definitive response here, there is a Q&A feature on each hotel review page. Your question is sent to the last couple of reviewers, and the hotel management often responds. You might wish to ask this question on whichever hotel page has the restaurant you’d like to eat at.

Mount Maunganui...
Level Contributor
139 posts
269 reviews
191 helpful votes
4. Re: Can anyone eat at the Denarau Island Resorts?
Save

We have just turned up the day before and tried to make a booking. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from, we have tried most of them, some better than others but not all will be able to accommodate you particularly over the next few months as the resorts are pretty much at maximum guest capacity.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
35 reviews
45 helpful votes
5. Re: Can anyone eat at the Denarau Island Resorts?
Save

Carlos,

If you go to Port Denarau, you may want to try Sails Denarau. I can vouch for the location but not the food yet.

The Rhum-Bar was in that location but closed its doors a while back

https://www.facebook.com/SailsDenerau

Australia
Level Contributor
190 posts
62 reviews
36 helpful votes
6. Re: Can anyone eat at the Denarau Island Resorts?
Save

We ate at Sails Denarau last week for lunch - it was a lovely location, fabulous service and reasonably priced great food.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
35 reviews
45 helpful votes
7. Re: Can anyone eat at the Denarau Island Resorts?
Save

Good to hear Befle. I hope to visit later this year

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New Zealand, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,796 posts
440 reviews
245 helpful votes
8. Re: Can anyone eat at the Denarau Island Resorts?
Save

Great to hear Befle.

Did you have to book or just walk in from outside the resort.

Australia
Level Contributor
190 posts
62 reviews
36 helpful votes
9. Re: Can anyone eat at the Denarau Island Resorts?
Save

@greytravellersydney- We wandered in about 2 pm on a Sunday , without a booking- hardly anyone there! We were seated out in the balcony overlooking the marina- and the lovely staff couldn’t do enough for us.

We walked across from ‘The Palms’ across the road , which I think may have been one of your helpful recommendations. Perfect for a pre island stay ( Thankyou 😊)

Edited: 1 year ago
New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands, Rarotonga, Fiji, North Island
Level Contributor
6,841 posts
32 reviews
131 helpful votes
10. Re: Can anyone eat at the Denarau Island Resorts?
Save

I recall discussing The Palms with you leading up to your visit Bernadette and saying it was a good choice. Can't really go wrong location wise related to the marina access (we stayed at The Terraces around the time The Palms was under construction).

I'd love to hear how your holiday went if you'd like to share at some point.

Reply to: Can anyone eat at the Denarau Island Resorts?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Denarau Island
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.