We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation for 9 days in Waikiki

Sydney
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation for 9 days in Waikiki

Hi,

This will be my first time going to Oahu Hawaii from 29/10-7/11. Am thinking about staying at Waikiki for the 9 days. I will be going with my mum.

I have had a look around the hotels and am bit lost which ones to choose.

My budget is less than $300 AUD per night.

I had a look at Hilton Waikiki Village and that seemed nice but it seems quite removed from a lot of the restaurants on google maps.

Ideally, I would like hotel with pool, easy access to beach, walking distance to restaurants etc.

I will be probably taking public transport for most part of the day, shopping, bus tour for North Shore, swimming activities.

Let me know of any good recommendations or where you would avoid!

Thank you in advance!

7 replies to this topic
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
52,218 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation for 9 days in Waikiki

We need your budget per night in US dollars. Are you including taxes and fees in that budget? Although the Hilton Hawaiian Village isn't in the middle of Waikiki it's close to more restaurants and shops then you will have time for. Waikiki isn't all that big anywhere you stay will give you close access to beaches and walking distance to restaurants.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
48,216 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation for 9 days in Waikiki

Hi!

... OK ... October 29th to November 7th.

... We need your nightly accommodations budget in US dollars. Also keep in mind that accommodations have 2 layers of taxes ... and most have a "resort" fee (taxed) - and a parking fee (taxed).

... The Hilton Hawaiian Village is a large conference-oriented resort. Caters to kids as well. I wouldn't recommend it to you - and the location isn't great. But they advertise heavily! Be careful.

... <bus tour for North Shore> Talk to us first.

http://www.hiltonwaikikibeach.com Take a look at the Hilton Waikiki Beach.

Also, Hyatt Place. https:/…home.html

www.discounthotelshawaii.com/waikikimap.html Here is a rough map of Waikiki hotels. Do not use the commentary as it is generally out of date.

One more thing: go to the Island of Oahu Forum and scroll down. It incorporates the sub-Forum for Honolulu, but has more/better information. We talk about accommodation all the time (!) - so you'll get good ideas.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
48,216 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendation for 9 days in Waikiki

hiltonwaikikibeach.com/wp-content/uploads/20…

This is a good map, too.

Seattle
Level Contributor
50,703 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendation for 9 days in Waikiki

300 AUD is approx. $220 USD

These are my two favorites, both are within your price range. Both have really nice pool areas. Some kitchenette rooms also available.

http://www.whitesandshotel.com/

waikikisandvillahotel.com/waikiki-sand-villa

aloha~ suze

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendation for 9 days in Waikiki

We are staying at the imperial Hotel in August which is right in the middle of Waikiki. It should be in your budget. We have also stayed many times at the Ohana East which is also great and close to everything. Have a great trip!

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
58,838 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendation for 9 days in Waikiki

>>>I had a look at Hilton Waikiki Village and that seemed nice but it seems quite removed from a lot of the restaurants on google maps.<<<

Then you are looking at the wrong Google Maps. There are a ton of restaurants behind the Ala Moana Mall that are better than the tourist restaurants in Waikiki.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
10 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel recommendation for 9 days in Waikiki

Hi,

We stayed at that Hilton this past December and it is only a short walk (around 8 minutes) to all the things you are wanting. In addition, there are restaurants close to the hotel as well. The hotel, the beach, lagoon and pools are really worth any extra walk incurred by staying at the resort. Enjoy! We loved every minute in Honolulu. I recommend an app we used called The Gypsy guide if you plan to rent an auto.

Reply to: Hotel recommendation for 9 days in Waikiki
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted