We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Nights in Waikiki - Accommodation?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
21 reviews
2 Nights in Waikiki - Accommodation?

Hi, we are a couple in our mid 30's planning on spending a final 2 nights in Waikiki / somewhere nearby further to 8 days in Kaui and Ohau. I'd like to see Pearl Harbour and walk through Waikiki but not sure if it is better to stay in Waikiki for this or possibly get better value staying elsewhere and getting a cab / similar into Waikiki and Pearl Harbour?

Budget is no more then $250 AUD per night, preferably less but appreciate it is Easter (we stay March 31 - 2nd April), we have to catch an early flight back to Sydney on 2nd April at 8am.

Any advice much appreciated.

14 replies to this topic
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: 2 Nights in Waikiki - Accommodation?

That’s approx $190-200 USD for those playing along at home. Are you talking about this year because if you are I would be jumping onto booking.com or Expedia.com and getting a few ideas to get a booking underway. Use those sites to gauge what is available but preferably book through the actual hotel itself.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: 2 Nights in Waikiki - Accommodation?

Hi, yes this year. Looks like there’s not much ‘out of town’ anyway so may just have to bite the bullet and get something locked in.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: 2 Nights in Waikiki - Accommodation?

“out of town” is likely an illegal rental! Book in Waikiki and stay there.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,981 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: 2 Nights in Waikiki - Accommodation?

Check out Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger, it's in the center of Waikiki, easy to get to activities or the beach, just across the street. Should be near your budget, check out different sites to compare prices.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: 2 Nights in Waikiki - Accommodation?

Will do, thanks for the tip!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,897 posts
322 reviews
6. Re: 2 Nights in Waikiki - Accommodation?

Aqua aloha surf is a low end hotel and very central.

Just guessing you would want your budget to include the taxes and resort fee., which add on a huge chunk

3 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: 2 Nights in Waikiki - Accommodation?

Where did you end up staying? I have the same question as I'll be there in September for two days. Thanks :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
21 reviews
8. Re: 2 Nights in Waikiki - Accommodation?

Park Shore Waikiki Hotel - was good for two nights. Pay extra if you want a beach view of it will be a fairly average view of another hotel! Fine for us as we only needed a nice clean room which we didn’t spend much time in.

3 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: 2 Nights in Waikiki - Accommodation?

Thanks so much. It's a very nice hotel but it's kind of pricey during the time we will be there. I think I'm going to check Air B&B :)

Maui
Level Contributor
72,731 posts
18 reviews
10. Re: 2 Nights in Waikiki - Accommodation?

Jai, be careful--airbnb has a lot of illegal rentals.

Look at the Royal Grove for a budget property.

Reply to: 2 Nights in Waikiki - Accommodation?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Honolulu