We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for RV in Flagstaff

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Parking for RV in Flagstaff

Hi everyone we are travelling in an RV and will be spending 3 days. What are options for parking and RV close to the town centre?

We are staying at Woody Mountain RV park which is an hour walk into town. Hoping there is somewhere even half way we can park up to explore some shops etc.

Thanks

13 replies to this topic
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,474 posts
86 reviews
1. Re: Parking for RV in Flagstaff

Have you attempted reservations... At the better located, J&H RV park, on the 89 ? Happy trails ... carracar

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,365 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Parking for RV in Flagstaff

Also take a look at Black Bart's RV Park. A bit closer to town center, and you can walk to Black Bart's Steakhouse.

http://blackbartsrvpark.com/index.php

http://www.blackbartssteakhouse.com/#cid=yloc

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,746 posts
90 reviews
3. Re: Parking for RV in Flagstaff

There are several large parking lots 1 and 2 blocks north of Santa Fe Ave ("Historic R66"). Whether they are private or not, I don't know. There is also parking at the public library and Wheeler Park just west of downtown.

It would also be possible to park in one of the shopping mall or grocery parking lots and take a bus downtown.

https://mountainline.az.gov/routes/

Flagstaff, Arizona
Level Contributor
277 posts
4. Re: Parking for RV in Flagstaff

How big is the RV? It will be a lot easier to park a 25'-er than a 50'-er.

All of the normal Flagstaff attractions -- Wupatki, Walnut Canyon, Museum of Northern Arizona, Lowell, ... -- have parking lots that accomodate RV's; many with designated RV spaces. Likewise, many businesses provide parking for their customers than can accomodate smaller RVs. Most will monitor their lots for "inappropriate" vehicles and have been known to have such ticketed and towed. [It's considered tresspassing!]

"Downtown" Flagstaff is not particularly RV friendly. Indeed, parking generally is especially difficult near the University campus and in the downtown core. There is a fee -- I believe $1/hr, in advance, by CC -- public parking lot with designated RV spaces at the corner of Beaver and Phoenix. There is also a fee lot just east of San Francisco on Butler. Note that both lots will very likely be full [students??] during University class hours. If you MUST bring the RV into town, you may be "stuck" trying to find on street parking outside the core. I would suggest Leroux north of Dale as possible. No promises! If you park on the street, you should avoid areas with marked spaces -- unless the RV will fit [unlikely].

Of the suggestions above, only Black Barts is convenient to food. The others are a good walk away from anything. And Black Barts is 2+ miles from "downtown".

Your best bet will probably be to leave the RV in the park and take UBER or a cab.

Seeing BobB's post after I wrote this::

The Library lot is restricted to 2 hours -- enforced -- and is not suited for any but the smallest RVs. The "City Hall" lot at Wheeler Park is a fee area and has no designated RV spaces. I have seen smaller RVs parked there, but larger ones will definitely have a problem....

Edited: 23 August 2018, 05:44
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
5. Re: Parking for RV in Flagstaff

Thanks Black Barts does look better!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
6. Re: Parking for RV in Flagstaff

Thanks for advice everyone, we have 25ft RV. Good to know there are a few carparks suitable to that size.

Is it better to book the RV accom in advance ?

I thought we had booked but they do not do online bookings we are in Oz. Wondering if we can just turn up or better to book prior.thanks

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
8,474 posts
86 reviews
7. Re: Parking for RV in Flagstaff

When are you planning travel ? "Flag" is busy in the summer travel season reservations should be necessary ... Happy trails ... carracar

tucson az
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,746 posts
90 reviews
8. Re: Parking for RV in Flagstaff

If you are only using the rv for 3 days, you should consider renting a car and staying in a hotel instead. It is doubtful that the rv costs less. Today's world everything is good online. I suspect the rv parks do have online reservations on theur websites. Flagstaff is not a "just show up" place. It is very busy at all times. Reservations are needed.

Edited: 24 August 2018, 06:05
Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,365 posts
22 reviews
9. Re: Parking for RV in Flagstaff

Bob, I took the OP's post as saying they were traveling by RV on a longer road trip and were spending 3 of the days in Flagstaff.

tucson az
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,746 posts
90 reviews
10. Re: Parking for RV in Flagstaff

Sorry. I was wrong about the RV parks having online reservations. Barts and J&H only list phone numbers to call, and no other contact info. Woody Mountain has email. There are others.

You can also contact visitorcenter@flagstaffaz.gov and ask about parking.

Edited: 24 August 2018, 07:44
Reply to: Parking for RV in Flagstaff
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Flagstaff
Recent Conversations