We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glacier Heli Hike with Family

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Glacier Heli Hike with Family

Hi

I am travelling to NZ with two families, 4 adults and 4 kids, aged 13-16 in early January We will be staying in Franz Josef for 2 nights. I would appreciate any recommendations on which Heli-Hike tour we should do. I'm open to both Fox and FJ

3 replies to this topic
New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island, Nelson-Tasman Region, New Zealand, Tonga
Level Contributor
25,144 posts
728 reviews
511 helpful votes
1. Re: Glacier Heli Hike with Family

ive done numerous heli hikes and fox glacier is my favourite for many reasons. it has way less air traffic than franz. you can see mt cook and mt tasman from fox glacier. it is a better company to use and the glacier has a bend in it so it has more arches, pinnacles, crevasses.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
2. Re: Glacier Heli Hike with Family

Thansk nzp0ppy

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New Zealand, Tasmania
Level Contributor
28,630 posts
428 reviews
245 helpful votes
3. Re: Glacier Heli Hike with Family

If you are doing the Helihike from Fox Glacier I would stay in Fox Glacier for your 2 nights.

You might also get to fit in the Lake Matheson walk to the viewing platform and also the Minnehaha nature walk at the bottom of the village with glow worms at night.

Reply to: Glacier Heli Hike with Family
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Franz Josef
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.