We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas

2 posts
Xmas

Thinking about going on the 27th Dec. Is it ok...pubs restaurants weather etc.

8 replies to this topic
Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
6,310 posts
160 reviews
106 helpful votes
1. Re: Xmas

Most places are open - weather will be a lottery but there is the potential to see some warm sunshine.

STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
91 reviews
94 helpful votes
2. Re: Xmas

Sort of thing you do once but then in my case not again. Bit of an anti-climax in truth and the air fares in particular leave so much to be desired! I practically live in St Pauls Bay but swerve Christmas simply as the flights. Not looked lately but when I was last on the case I wanted to go 19th December and return on about 28th December. Going out was a fairly reasonable 60 odd quid but coming home was somewhere in the region of £240. That's Luton/Ryanair. Now don't get me wrong 300 quid? well its a long walk there and back isn't it? But I go all the time so I am waiting until 20th January and I am going then price of flight? £33.98 RETURN.

Was in Bugibba last year and was rather novel. Weather was shorts and t-shirt. Sat outside with a beer like I usually do but it all had an eerie feel to it. Some bars open some not. We ended up having chicken and chips in Time Out sitting outside which as I say was great at the time but not as nice as a full roast dinner here.

I would advise you go just to sample it. But for me the costs just don't make it worthwhile really.

Edited: 29 October 2018, 20:29
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
13,476 posts
28 reviews
42 helpful votes
3. Re: Xmas

The OP is talking about going after Xmas not for Xmas .

Prices start to get a bit cheaper if Xmas itself is not covered .

Graham

STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
91 reviews
94 helpful votes
4. Re: Xmas

Funnily enough getting out there was the cheapest part, the hotel was fairly cheap too it was getting home again for me (28/12/18). I would say that without looking but a flight of any time from 27th (for the record there wasn't one to Luton on 27th Dec) to around about w/c 6th January would be a right load of bucks...

I would wait a couple weeks as New Years Eve is no great thing really, not for me any how.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
13,476 posts
28 reviews
42 helpful votes
5. Re: Xmas

I have always found that the cheapest times to visit Malta were the first week in December and just after New Years day in January.

Graham

STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
91 reviews
94 helpful votes
6. Re: Xmas

A case of having your wits about you with Ryanair as its the flight that's the biggy. Goes up and down like a Yo-yo.

Depends on what you want really Mr Gee. I mean i go to see pals so weather irrelevant really so yeah January? Well as i say, i go on 20th and am in Santana 7 nights B & B that was £150 and the flight a best ever £33.98. But January? I mean IS it cheap? It is for what it is but would the man in the street enjoy it? Doubt it!

I go (i know me me me but use examples) on 18th November now i am not one to bother about the weather really and appreciate that long term weather forecasts are unpredictable to say the least but it LOOK like 23-25c sunny.

Now that little jaunt the basic flight was about £70 (i have added chosen seats and priority boarding) and The Topaz 7 nights room only was £103

So for £173 you could be in 22c plus sunshine for a week So November gets my vote as "cheapest" time to go.

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,477 posts
8 reviews
3 helpful votes
7. Re: Xmas

I am stalking the Stath. Going 16th November with British Airways for £54 each return and Il Palazzin for about £110 b and b 4 nights. Jan 13th 4 nights return £33.97 each with easyjet, so 1p cheaper that Staths flights lol. 4 nights b and b at Seashells for £115. Could have gone cheaper self catering but at least we hopefully will have heating lol

Edited: 30 October 2018, 08:02
STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
91 reviews
94 helpful votes
8. Re: Xmas

Aye I'm going to miss you June I think! I have booked the Ulysses Apartments over in Xlendi for 19th (I arrive on 18th) however, that depends very much on whether I am the "angelic Stath" or the "Lucifer Stath"!

Plan A and angelic Stath will land around 11am taxi (Resorthoppa again!) 11:20 be in Qawra by 11:45am and this is the key to it. Roast dinner in Simply British (next to Queen Vic Lady Stath had one Sunday comes highly recommended) and a tee-total day few diet cokes pick up a Chinese from Xiao Xiao early night, up early work out in gym then Knickerbockers and off to Xlendi we go! OR...

Plan B and "Lucifer Stath"..all the above BUT glug on light ale and probably all your (excellent) Karaoke suggestions wake up and sling myself in 9 Ball on a Monday morning to stare out at sea and think "oh well Ulysses apartments was only £35.....do it another week"..

So we'll see..... :-)

Reply to: Xmas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bugibba
Recent Conversations