We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decent car hire

Burrington, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Decent car hire

We are off to bugibba tomorrow and have been asked by a Maltese fella we know if we are hiring a car as buses take too long , go through all the villages etc

So can anyone recommend a firm please?

13 replies to this topic
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
13,476 posts
28 reviews
42 helpful votes
11. Re: Decent car hire

I have never had any problems driving in Malta .

As Stath says the M25 is far worse .

In fact an airline pilot who flies out of Heathrow once told me when I asked about the dangers of flying that the one part of the job that frightened him was driving to work on the M25.

Graham

STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
91 reviews
94 helpful votes
12. Re: Decent car hire

Amazing really isn't it Mr Gee? So many accidents and everyone is going in the same direction!

Culprits? Nissan Micra's. There they sit in the middle lane doing a steady 56mph oblivious to the world. Lethal so they are! Usually being driven by bespectacled student or super gran!

Plus/ lights sensors on cars. There you are driving through say The Hatfield tunnel or Dartford tunnel and all of a sudden ON go the lights (both front and rear) and you behind think for all the world its the brake lights so you brake the bloke behind brakes and somewhere behind and accident happens!

Lorries overtaking each other! Takes about 5 miles for one lorry to overtake the other only to sit in front of it going 1mph faster!

Average speed checks. Around Luton airport sits the M1. 4-5 lanes of basically autobahn. With AVERAGE SPEED CAMERA'S. So you have folk who go "whoops where was the start of this average speed check? I dunno! So they slow right down (or even STOP) with 1 eye on the speedo one eye on the road. This is a revenue raiser and has NOTHING to do with road safety!

Rant on!

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
13,476 posts
28 reviews
42 helpful votes
13. Re: Decent car hire

Jolly good rant Stath.

Graham

Reply to: Decent car hire