We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels, Soreda,Sunny coast, Primera or San pawl

berko
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Hotels, Soreda,Sunny coast, Primera or San pawl

I'm torn between these hotels, have been to San pawl, room only 5 times , but would like to try somewhere else a friend has been to Soreda AI and enjoyed. Primera looks best location would go room only and sunny coast looks good for self catering/room only. Soreda is coming up about £100 each more than room only in the others in November, Should we pay the extra and go AI,what are anyones thoughts ?

26 replies to this topic
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
12,939 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Hotels, Soreda,Sunny coast, Primera or San pawl

I think AI is a bad choice.

There are so many places to eat at a reasonable cost and usually the quality of the food on AI is not too good .

Soreda is the pick of those hotels , hence higher price,

If you decide on room only ( or B&B ) then the Primera would be OK.

Price should be good and you will get a clean room >

As you say it is in a good location,

Graham

berko
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Hotels, Soreda,Sunny coast, Primera or San pawl

Thanks

STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
88 reviews
3. Re: Hotels, Soreda,Sunny coast, Primera or San pawl

The only thing good about AI in The Soreda is the wonderful bar and pool on the roof and in November it will be shut! So unless sitting in a hotel lobby (with bar) all day is your thing forget it! Is Sunny Coast what used to be Coastline? Nightmare as its miles away! Plus I stayed one night when ironically the Soreda was full my first night so that's where they sent me and its weird in there! Ever seen the film I,Legend where Will Smith and dog are the only ones left in a city? That's what it's like deserted! For me November the area is your oyster cost wise may even get a deal at the Dolman or San Spa. But all inclusive? Forget it IMO! Oh forgot to say Primera is OK for the money really I've been twice this year room only.But as you're in November may get a better deal in a better hotel.Soreda is a fave of mine too.

Edited: 19 August 2018, 04:39
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Hotels, Soreda,Sunny coast, Primera or San pawl

don't go the premier hit crap

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
12,939 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: Hotels, Soreda,Sunny coast, Primera or San pawl

No Stath ,

The Sunny Cost is in Qawra opposite the Seashells resort at Suncrest..

The old Coastline is now called the Salini Resort but it really is in the middle of nowhere !

Graham

STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
88 reviews
6. Re: Hotels, Soreda,Sunny coast, Primera or San pawl

Hard to take post 4 seriously really with language and grammar like that! Primera as the reviews suggest does what it says on the tin.My room 315 did a great job.Was an economy room inward facing no nonsense. Found reception very helpful and cleaning was great.At £175 for a week in July cheap too.As for location? Couldn't be better.Cheers Mr G know where you mean now.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
12,939 posts
28 reviews
7. Re: Hotels, Soreda,Sunny coast, Primera or San pawl

If you need room only then there are a lot of hotels that will fill the bill.

Providing the room is clean and comfortable that is the main thing.

If staying All Inc / full or half board then the quality of food is very important.

I have just , last week spent a couple of nights in a YHA hostel , My room was miniscule and very basic but was clean and comfortable ---- all I needed !

Graham

STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
88 reviews
8. Re: Hotels, Soreda,Sunny coast, Primera or San pawl

Dormitories though aren't they Mr G? Mine were years ago on various mountain bike holidays in Peak District and South Downs. You know me am a "straw on the floor/as long as the running water isn't too brown" but would draw the line at a Dormitory in Malts! Image that? Strewth!

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
12,939 posts
28 reviews
9. Re: Hotels, Soreda,Sunny coast, Primera or San pawl

My hostel was in the Peak District and although my daughter was in a dormitory many of them have single , twin and family rooms , I wouldn`t want to stay in a dormitory.

Mine had an en suite.

Graham

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,456 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: Hotels, Soreda,Sunny coast, Primera or San pawl

Look at Il Palazzin. We are booked there in November b and b for £100 for 4 nights. Fairly decent hotel and not too far from everything.

Reply to: Hotels, Soreda,Sunny coast, Primera or San pawl
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bugibba
Recent Conversations