We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the shopping mall?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Where is the shopping mall?

Hi going to san anton hotel and wondering how far we are walking to beach , shopping mall and square are they easy walking distance for two 60 year old

23 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
21. Re: Where is the shopping mall?

We were on phone to a holiday company asking for a holiday anywhere !! Our budget was £400 each firstly they gave us a hotel in st Julian’s bang in the middle of nightclubs so we asked to change and only one that wasn’t going to be another £100 was this one so we took it .. thanks to all the replies at least we can get buses nearby to different areas and hopper bus so not too bad .. we always eat out so luckily hadn’t paid for inclusive !! Just don’t phone a holiday company any say you willing to go anywhere any country just want sun , beach and near restaurants and pubs cis this is what you get .. neither of us been to Malta so will be a new experience for both of us .. can’t change hotel again they won’t let us as too close to holiday just hope the weather is nice , we arrive on the 4th sept 🙃

STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
88 reviews
22. Re: Where is the shopping mall?

Oh you'll love it. People are really friendly. Cheap too in Qawra a few places of note where decent pub grub can be found are

Knickerbockers (breakfast)

Red Lion

Wood Hut

Wee Five

All the bars are good but probably the first you'll come across will be Munchies. Really friendly and great outside and in (decent air con). Plus a stroll along Tourist Street will reveal the aforementioned bars plus will plug Alex Bar (great sun terrace) and Elvis Bar and Murphy's (great entertainment). A bit further down on the front is Cheeky Monkey's cocktail bar (nice views).

Play it by ear but Horn Blower down on the jetty will sort you out a good cruise to see a bit more of Malta and its islands.

Gozo if you fancy (Bugibba is a hub for the buses) 221 I think is ferry but ask to make sure.

Valletta is an option.

Really is a great place and with a nice base that you have secured you'll have a great time.

Have fun

Level Contributor
83 posts
92 reviews
23. Re: Where is the shopping mall?

My first question is, how steady are you on your feet? My hubby is 61 and is ex military so fairly fit. If walking is an issue, you may want to look at where the hotel is situated in relation to location and terrain. Some popular hotels aren’t easy to access due to steep hills. Taxis and buses are an option but taxis may be costly and buses packed , after all you’re staying in the hotel area of the island.

You’re nearest shopping mall is Tigne Point, not overly easy to get to as will involve walking from bus stop to either stairs or lift. As for beaches, sorry I live in the south and only take my visitors to Bugibba to show them Blackpool with sun.

Reply to: Where is the shopping mall?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bugibba
Recent Conversations