We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel

Level Contributor
39 posts
hotel

hi all, looking at Sunflower hotel, Sunny spa or qwara palace. can anyone give me some opinions on these please. coming out for 4 nights 30th Sept. thanks

35 replies to this topic
hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
2,008 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: hotel

All fairly good. The Sunflower and Sunny Coast are both further out from the centre of the resort The Qawra Palace is on the seafront and only a couple of minutes from Tourist Street and the bus station - nice seafront lido, and would be my first choice of the three. The Santana is the 4* sister hotel to the Sunflower and is very central and worth considering.

Level Contributor
39 posts
2. Re: hotel

thanks for your reply. I was reading reviews about the qawra palace being full of students, is this true? even in october?

STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
88 reviews
3. Re: hotel

Think some (not all) but some of the student horror stories are isolated incidents and over exaggerated. Remember a few years ago my mum stayed at The Soreda Hotel (worth looking at its nice) and bar the morning when they were in the foyer waiting their bus they were no trouble at all. But I think by late September into October they are all gone.

Level Contributor
39 posts
4. Re: hotel

thanks,having a mare trying to choose one. I know only 4 nights but it can make or break your holiday if it is crap 😂

STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
88 reviews
5. Re: hotel

Just saw your reply now it's gawn! I think that even the so called "bad" hotels are anything but.I've stayed in all the "bad" hotels with no problems at all.Just aim for something central I mean as much as I like The Topaz it is a bit of a walk to say Munchies Bar.It's about 100 yards down hill turn left about 400 yards then a bit of a labyrinth of streets and voila you are on Tourist St.Simarly with San Anton and San Maria. Maybe use these hotels on visit 2 as I know you'll be back. Not knowing your budget I would go middle for diddle so that's Santana or Soreda Hotels. Both "where the action is" but whatever hotel you go to B & B will be ample. These two hotels do cracking breakfasts and from what you said in am earlier thread you like a night out? So plenty of places to eat indeed places like Elvis Bar food is free! A wild card hotel I like and am in September is Primera Hotel. Room only I'm July was ace. Avoid though the Canifor Hotel it's not that cheap but a bit nasty. As I said before Bella Vista avoid too.You'll have a nightmare getting out and about. But don't fret you'll be fine it's how you learn but for me..Soreda or Santana you can't go wrong.

Level Contributor
39 posts
6. Re: hotel

The Santana coming up on websites for between 1200 and 2400 for 4 night 🤤 sod that lol. Think it is between the palazzin and soreda. I like a night out and good drink but unfortunately I am not one of those that just pass out once head hits the pillow 😂 so would like a quietish hotel at night. What bars do you like as you seem to know a lot about the area. We like live bands and the other half he does like to grab a karaoke mic 😂 but mostly we like to chat to other people and make friends.

Edited: 04 August 2018, 06:33
Level Contributor
39 posts
7. Re: hotel

will also check out Primera too then. Is it a quiet at night hotel and how far away?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: hotel

don't go to the primera

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,456 posts
8 reviews
9. Re: hotel

Il Palazzin is ok. Stayed there a few times. It's in a quiet area but only a short walk to all the action. Loads of karaoke bars. Apple Bar, Munchies, little waster, Incognito, Watson's, Queen Vic, Tourist Bar, Sun City bar, lemon and orange bar. Stath will add to that list lol. The George have some good singers on. Also Elvis bar for singers. A bit further walk is Whyte Hart and Grapevine both with karaoke and singers. There are just too many to mention. Oh and the Irish bar.

STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
88 reviews
10. Re: hotel

Try Sunshine Holidays or Travel Republic that sounds a bit pricey for me at Santana! Primera? 25 yards from Bugibba Square front facing rooms have a seaview. Fat Harry's or Reilly's Bar literally on your door step. Suit's me fine location and price and overall value for money. Not massive on luxury though but a room is a room and my air-conditioning was by far the best I've had in any hotel and have stayed in all bar Dolman and San Spa and Qawra Place. I recommend Primera on a "does the job" but obviously Soreda and Ill Pallazin are superior but maybe twice the price? But again no room I've ever stayed in has been bad ever 70 plus visits in last 11 years? Hotels stayed in? Canifor, Euro club, Mavina,Ill Pallazin, Soreda,Bella Vista, Bugibba Hotel,Huli,Topaz, San Pawl,Blue sea San Anton, San Maria, Santana and on Gozo St Patrick, Ulysses's (Xlendi) Downtown in Victoria. So can advise on any of them and not one (bar Bella vista) gave me trouble (location). So don't delay book today!

Reply to: hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bugibba
Recent Conversations