We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nightlife

Level Contributor
39 posts
nightlife

Hi,thinking of Buggiba end of Sept for a few nights. Never been before so wondering what the evenings are like then? We are a couple of 50 year olds that like a good drink and bars with karaoke and live music. Is it full of youngsters? thanks

7 replies to this topic
STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
88 reviews
1. Re: nightlife

Might see you there am.in town 24th Sept. You couldn't wish for a better place I like to refer to Bugibba as "45 plus playground"! I love it! Lots of bars that cater for that age group. Standout bars being Munchies for it's overall niceness. Elvis Bar for live music. Murphy's the same (Blue's Brothers and Madness are excellent) Wee Five is a nice British pub.Rose in Crown I'd friendly with a great jukebox and karaoke. Little Wasters has karaoke. Queen Vic too and Tourist Bar has great live music with Tommy Strings being the standout. Lot's of other bars in the area too that I think you'll love. Hotels are for all tastes and pocket's fron the cheap and cheerful to the posh and pricey. I heatedly recommend Qawra and Bugibba I don't think you'll be disappointed oh and all bars show Saturday football and there is a betting shop that does fixed odds coupons!😎🙌

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
6,068 posts
160 reviews
2. Re: nightlife

Bugibba is not really a youngsters destination (true of Malta generally). In late September, kids here are all at school and many Maltese who own summer flats there have left the resort.

It's not quiet and should easily fulfil your brief. Research a bit as there are some dire hotels.

Level Contributor
39 posts
3. Re: nightlife

Thanks Guys, sounds right up my street lol. Can you reccomemend a good hotel as I am struggling to find one with decent reviews 😂 are the hotels in Malta not that great?

STEVENAGE
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
88 reviews
4. Re: nightlife

Depends very much on how much you want to spend so I will group together from where I stay (cheap and cheerful) right up to the posh ones...

The Bugibba Hotel .....OK for the money, I am used to it, but if you book here its clean and does the job/location second to none this rule applies to the following hotels

Euroclub Hotel

Canifor Hotel (probably the worse)

Primera Hotel

Relax Inn

The same "place to rest your head" (as above) applies to The San Anton and San Maria Hotels (both Blue Sea which is the same as The Bugibba Hotel) and The Topaz and San Pawl Hotel, but these are about 10 minutes walk to where the action is...the above listed hotels are bang in the middle of it all...handy for post pub walks home.

Middle range budgets are..

Santana Hotel (again location is great)

Soreda Hotel (5 minutes to the pubs)

Ill Palazin Hotel (nice and location is great)

Qawra Palace Hotel (sea view but at the bottom of a hill)

These hotels represent a bit more quality but with a price to reflect this

Top end of the market

Dolman Hotel

San Antonio Spa

Seashells Resort

The above are pricey but very nice and again central to the action...

If you get tempted by the Bella Vista Hotel forget it its miles away a good stagger along dodgy paths and a main road..

Apartments? For me Mavina Apartments are the best value for money. Central and friendly and nice. Huli again central but not as nice as the Mavina. Park Lane apartments are at the top end of the budget. Very nice but pricey.

Level Contributor
39 posts
5. Re: nightlife

fantastic, will have a look at those. Thanks for your help 😎

Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,456 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: nightlife

Also if you are looking for apartment try the Shamrock. They are central to everything with a small rooftop pool. They are dearer than Mavina but cheaper than Park Lane. Also Sunseeker apartments are nice so worth a look.

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
12,923 posts
28 reviews
7. Re: nightlife

Sunseeker apartments are very nice and well situated . Plenty of bars and restaurants nearby , sea front only a few minutes stroll and five minutes to the bus station.

As for hotels the Qawra Palace is a good mid priced choice .

Graham

Reply to: nightlife
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bugibba
Recent Conversations