We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City bus in Castellammare?

Gdynia, Poland
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
City bus in Castellammare?

Hi, Can you tell me is there any bus from city center so I can get to train station? Or HOW people do that? I see it's about 40mins-1hour walk ?? We want to go to Palermo and Mazara del Vallo, I've found that buses russo to Scopello start from Piazza Petrolo but the rest of destinations start from train station?

Thank you good people in advance for help.

Mentioned in this post
Palermo
Palermo
Sicily, Italy
Mazara del Vallo
Mazara del Vallo
Sicily, Italy
Scopello
Scopello
Sicily, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
112,044 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: City bus in Castellammare?

Welcome to Sicily Małgorzata B!

Yes, Russo runs that bus service from the train station to town. Enter Stazione Ferroviaria and Castellammare Capolinea.

http://www.russoautoservizi.it/

Vagabonda

Gdynia, Poland
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City bus in Castellammare?

Oh thank you a lot!

So where's exactly this "Castellammare Capolinea"? Google knows nothing about that. I've thought that this is the same name for stazione ferroviaria until now. This transport-thing is becoming scarier even for me, and I'm not that kind fancy-schmansy toourists...

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,409 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City bus in Castellammare?

see post 3

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g11992…

Then Capolinea is at Piazza Piazza Cairoli in castellammare

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,409 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City bus in Castellammare?

Piazza Cairoli is at the teal bus marker on this map

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit…

Gdynia, Poland
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: City bus in Castellammare?

Wow it definitely doesn't look like bus stop. Thank you, your map is really helpful.

So summarizing (for other wanderers): russo has 4 stops inside Castellammare - stazione ferroviaria, spiaggia plaja, castellammare capolinea (piazza cairoli) and piazza petrolo.

But I've found also another information, during looking for AST bus stop, that both Russo and AST stop on Capolinea and that this is here: https://goo.gl/maps/FW1aUEfbWrv Via della Repubblica. Do you know something about that?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
112,044 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: City bus in Castellammare?

Trapani is a transportation hub, and Trapani would be infinitely more convenient as a base via public transport than Castellammare del Golfo, especially for your intended day trip destinations.

Castellammare del Golfo isn't the most convenient base for touring and exploring via public transport, but you'll be fine.

I read your posting more closely, and so let's begin anew.

I thought you were asking about the bus transport from Castellammare del Golfo's train station to Castellammare del Golfo.

But it seems you're enquiring from Castellammare del Golfo to Castellammare del Golfo's train station, so reverse the entries; Castellammare Capolinea, and then Stazione Ferroviaria, the train station, which is located outside town.

Firstly, you would never ever take the train from Castellammare del Golfo to Palermo.

The tracks were damaged during a storm, and Trenitalia is running a very slow replacement Autobus service.

See for yourself on the Trenitalia website. Enter Castellammare del Golfo and Palermo Centrale. Under the column "Train" click on the "i'" to view all the connections.

http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en

Instead, take the direct Russo bus from Castellammare del Golfo to Palermo.

Russo buses arrive and depart Castellammare del Golfo at the Terminal Bus at piazza Della Repubblica.

The Trenitalia service from Castellammare del Golfo to Mazara del Vallo is fine, connects via Castelvetrano, and some runs are just slightly over an hour's time.

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Trapani
Trapani
Sicily, Italy
Palermo
Palermo
Sicily, Italy
Mazara del Vallo
Mazara del Vallo
Sicily, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
112,044 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: City bus in Castellammare?

Piazza Cairoli is Palermo's bus station.

Vagabonda

Edited: 04 August 2017, 08:18
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
112,044 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: City bus in Castellammare?

Although there's also a Piazza Cairoli in Castellammare del Golfo, it doesn't appear that buses depart from there, and you definitely board at Castellammare Capolinea, Piazza Della Repubblica.

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Gdynia, Poland
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: City bus in Castellammare?

To be honest, I'm asking about both and unfortunatelly it wasn't my choice at all to stay precisely in Castellammare... but the Bride ;) But now I think I know everything what I need, thanks to you ofc.

BUT besides public transport, I've seen there's going to be patron's feast, and it's so close to scopello and zingaro so I have really positive attitude for this trip.

about Palermo - I've checked few days ago that weird info about change from train to bus, so nice to see that you say the same thing I've thought.

Mentioned in this post
Palermo
Palermo
Sicily, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
112,044 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: City bus in Castellammare?

Yes, keep your Bride happy! :-)

You know what you need to know.

It's been years since the storm that destroyed the tracks, and it has really interrupted the train service from Western Sicily to Palermo.

The train is optimal for Mazara del Vallo, but the bus is optimal for Palermo.

Buon viggio!

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Sicily
Sicily
Italy
Palermo
Palermo
Sicily, Italy
Mazara del Vallo
Mazara del Vallo
Sicily, Italy