We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Seattle to Snoqualmie Falls

Bartlett, Tennessee
4 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
Downtown Seattle to Snoqualmie Falls
Save

My teenager and I will be in Seattle next weekend, and are contemplating a trip to the Falls. What is an inexpensive way to get there ? We are staying downtown (Hilton Garden Inn), and won't have a car. I've looked at some of the tours ($80 or so each !) and uber (no thanks ). I've priced a few rental cars (still pushing $80 at the low end just for a day)

Are there any more economical ways to get there that maybe I haven't considered ?

4 replies to this topic
Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
10 helpful votes
1. Re: Downtown Seattle to Snoqualmie Falls
Save

It's *possible* to take a bus (well, 2 buses), but this will take ~2.5 hours one way, so almost certainly not worth it. I can't think of any other options that you haven't noted above.

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Seattle
Level Contributor
67,182 posts
23 reviews
77 helpful votes
2. Re: Downtown Seattle to Snoqualmie Falls
Save

No. Realistically

If you can't or don't want to rent a car, I'd skip Snoqualmie Falls. I mean it's nice and everything, but to me not worth it for what you describe. There's plenty of nice things you could do right in Seattle if you are tied to walking, public transportation. or taxis (since you don't want to use Uber/Lyft).

From downtown you can easily get to Madison Park on Lake Washington (cute 'main street', park, beach, etc.) on the #11 Metro. On the way you could stop by the Japanese Garden in the Arboretum. Or you could hop a #10 up to Volunteer Park on Capitol Hill, there's the water tower, plant conservatory, and newly opening Asian Art Museum.

Just a couple ideas that would pan out better than trying for Snoqualmie Falls if you don't want to take a tour or rent a car.

Welcome!!

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
7,024 posts
56 reviews
66 helpful votes
3. Re: Downtown Seattle to Snoqualmie Falls
Save

It's almost 30 miles from Seattle, so there wouldn't be cheap easy transportation. You could try Turo, which is the Airbnb of car rental. I have no experience with them, it's just an option that's out there.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Senior Travel
Level Contributor
23,028 posts
120 reviews
245 helpful votes
4. Re: Downtown Seattle to Snoqualmie Falls
Save

I'm sure you've seen a few tours but to spend a day this is an enjoyable tour

toursofseattle.com

https://toursofseattle.com/product/winery-waterfall-tour

Reply to: Downtown Seattle to Snoqualmie Falls
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.