We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquor Store near the French Quarter

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
38 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Liquor Store near the French Quarter

We are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn on Gravier Street this coming weekend and are interested in purchasing some vodka and bloody mary mix for our hotel room for the morning. Any suggestions on a store that is nearby that could fill our needs? I can't seem to think of any retail-like stores in that area.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liquor Store near the French Quarter

I am sure someone will make a suggestion but if I were you I would Yelp it.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
61,304 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liquor Store near the French Quarter

The good news is there are a couple places on Canal that will fit the bill. One on Canal just past Magazine towards the river.

The bad news is you're probably not going to be thrilled by the prices they charge for the captive tourist market.

College Station...
Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
13,173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liquor Store near the French Quarter

Fact is, many places sell liquor and mix in New Orleans, including the drug stores, convenience stores, grocery stores and many trinket shops, and most are open late. Unless you are looking for something special, you should be able to easily find a place on or just off Canal St. within 2 or 3 short blocks of your hotel. Close by Brother's Food Mart sells both liquor and, from what I hear, tasty fried chicken, see:

yelp.com/biz/…20store

Mitchell, South...
Level Contributor
3,623 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Liquor Store near the French Quarter

The CVS Pharmacy on the corner of Canal and Carondelet has a full liquor dept.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liquor Store near the French Quarter

Just ask the staff at the hotel. They probably get the same question asked over and over again and would know the immediate neighborhood (which is sparse, retail-wise) better than most of us.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liquor Store near the French Quarter

I can't help you with your question, but I did stay at this hotel last year. It was clean, comfortable, and quiet, but close to the Quarter -- exactly what I wanted. The minifridge in the room was great! I recommend picking up some bottles of water while you're getting your other supplies.

Enjoy your trip.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
328 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Liquor Store near the French Quarter

Places to buy liquor and drink mixes are plentiful. You won't have any trouble finding somewhere to buy what you want - it's sold almost everywhere. You will probably even be able to shop around for the best price, if that's important to you. Enjoy and have fun..

bb

Blenheim, Canada
Level Contributor
10,657 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Liquor Store near the French Quarter

Bayor--That is exactly what I was going to say! Love that puppy picture!

9. Re: Liquor Store near the French Quarter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2012, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about New Orleans