We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swamp tour with downtown pickup?

Level Contributor
102 posts
18 reviews
2 helpful votes
Swamp tour with downtown pickup?
Save

Any recommendations for a swamp tour with downtown pickup with knowledgeable nature guide? Thanks.

7 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
72 posts
1. Re: Swamp tour with downtown pickup?
Save

The Gators and Ghosts tour was the best part of our trip to Nola in August and they picked us up on St Charles at our hotel.

Level Contributor
102 posts
18 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Swamp tour with downtown pickup?
Save

Thanks for your recommendation, but I see the tour is with an airboat. I'm actually looking for something slower and more nature-oriented.

Granada Hills
Level Contributor
35 posts
3. Re: Swamp tour with downtown pickup?
Save

We stayed at the Omni Riverfront & Cajun Encounters came & got us - although we did have to walk a couple of blocks to the pick up point.

We did the small boat tour & the guide did "floor it" several times (we loved it!). I'd imagine the bigger boats would be more calm...

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Swamp tour with downtown pickup?
Save

We had inquired with Dr. Wagners Honey Swamp Tour and were told they are not able to do downtown pickup; they suggested Uber.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
15 reviews
12 helpful votes
5. Re: Swamp tour with downtown pickup?
Save

I would not take Uber out to a swamp tour. It is most likely very expensive and I would worry about getting one to come and pick me up to bring me back to the city. Cajun Encounters is obviously picking people up-I always see their vans in the French Quarter and elsewhere.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
6. Re: Swamp tour with downtown pickup?
Save

I just booked this one last week for our upcoming trip at the end of the month. They pickup at several hotels.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g60864-d11459649-Small_Group_Swamp_Tour_by_Airboat_with_Downtown_New_Orleans_Pickup-New_Orleans_Loui.html

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
6,830 posts
37 reviews
11 helpful votes
7. Re: Swamp tour with downtown pickup?
Save

Ultimate Swamp Adventures out of Westwego, their site says they pick up.

Reply to: Swamp tour with downtown pickup?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about New Orleans
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.