We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas on itinerary

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Ideas on itinerary

Hi everyone,

Been lurking here for a few months trying to get some ideas for my trip and finally decided to join in the conversation.

I have emailed Kadek Suastika who I've heard good things about on here with a list of things me and my partner would like to do and he has sent me back these two programs.

Program one

temple, lunch at ibu oka ( babi guling, ), temple, volcano, tegelalang rice terrace, gianyar night market.

Program 2 ,

Jatiluwih, batukaru temple ( a temple in jungle ), tanah lot, uluwatu or jimbaran for sunset drink or seafood diner,

What do you guys think of these trips? (time, quality, variety etc etc)

I've been to Bali twice before so have done some of these things but it's my partners first time so am trying to get a good mix of touristy stuff and slightly less touristy stuff :p

Thanks in advance for any and all replies and just want to say how great this site is. Invaluable to me in planning this trip.

Cheers,

Dane

6 replies to this topic
Denpasar, Indonesia
Level Contributor
264 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Ideas on itinerary

Hi Danetiva

You should organize the itinerary with your driver . But anyway I will glad to give you some recommendation . For your second trip will be not sweetable itinerary to combine Batukaru & Uluwatu trip due to the distance , you can split this two places become 2 days itinerary trip ..and I will not recommend to visit Batukaru due to very bad track road to get there , you can visit other Temple ,as there are many other Temples worth to visit .

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
12,315 posts
128 reviews
2. Re: Ideas on itinerary

Where will be you staying and what are your own interests? These places are very standard for tourist trips...it really depends on you. And also you don't particularly need to plan your agenda so far in advance...I would wait until I get here and decide what you want to see and do..there could be a big ceremony when you are here you want to see..or something else comes up that sounds better to you.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Ideas on itinerary

I agree with Ubudpuppy, they are very generic trips. Have a chat to the driver before you plan the day and let them know you are open to suggestions of places that are not so utilized. This combined with a few places you do like open up some real beauty of Bali that is not over run with tour buses and congested people.

A good driver knows Bali well and loves to show places off.

I can vouch for this driver being fantastic.

www.sannybalitours.com/…

Edited: 14 March 2014, 18:05
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Ideas on itinerary

Thankyiu for the quick replies.

The itinerary I posted was from the driver I want to book.

Would I be better finishing at jimbaran as opposed to uluwatu? Also how bad is the track into batukaru?

We are staying in Legian. We're both big into the food and culture part of traveling as well as Beautiful scenery, Shopping, Music etc.

Do you guys have any suggestion of place you might add or remove from the trips? I know it's our trip but I'm notoriously bad at making up my mind on my own :p

Thanks again, dane

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
5. Re: Ideas on itinerary

talk to your driver.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
68 reviews
6. Re: Ideas on itinerary

How was your trip in the end ??

I am about to go on a 2 day trip with Kadek to some of the places you mention, and just wonder if you have any further advice after you have now visted and done the tour?

thanks

Reply to: Ideas on itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tabanan