We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront restaurant Legian

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
217 reviews
Beachfront restaurant Legian

Hi folks,

I'm hoping for suggestions on a suitable restaurant overlooking the beach in Legian for a special family get together of 11 people. We are planning on ordering a Babi Guling for our table, reasonably priced and relaxing. Thanks in advance

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
414 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Beachfront restaurant Legian

There are some great restaurants a little walk up the beach from Legian at the beach end of Double 6 (opposite Cocoon at the Seminyak end of Legian) and it's a lovely atmosphere with the sand in your toes if you want or inside tables also. They are right on the beach - it's an easy walk on the beach path and an cheap taxi home.

There's also Mozzarella by the Sea (more Legian end) which is on the beach path - we've always enjoyed our meal there.

Not sure about the Babi Guling being available at either.

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
217 reviews
2. Re: Beachfront restaurant Legian

Thanks dot family I had mozzarella by the sea in mind so will definitely look them up after your comment

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
921 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Beachfront restaurant Legian

Hitana next door to mozzarella is nicer, they are actually owned by the same people, seaside, 66 and Zanzibar are nice as well, think you may have trouble with babi guling in this part of the beach as its a specialized dish and expensive, i don't recall seeing it on any menus in restaurants in this area. But i may be wrong.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
91 reviews
4. Re: Beachfront restaurant Legian

If you have time go for a walk and ask at the restaurants if they will do babi guling. They will need several days notice and often it is cooked elsewhere and bought to the restaurant. Try the Blue Ocean, Zanzibar, Seaside for starters. If you don't have any luck go up Padma Street and enquire at the Indonational. Their babi guling has received high praise on this forum. Hope you can get it organized, it is truly a treat and a meal you will not forget.

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
217 reviews
5. Re: Beachfront restaurant Legian

Thanks David, Hitana was my first choice I emailed them and they can do a Babi Guling for $200US for 11 people plus sides I thought that reasonable. Looks like I'm on the right track with the help from TA members. Appreciate it

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
217 reviews
6. Re: Beachfront restaurant Legian

Thanks Peter I have jotted your advice down and yes they will need a weeks notice so I have to have it sorted before I leave in a weeks time

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
70 reviews
7. Re: Beachfront restaurant Legian

I had my 50th at hitana and it was amazing, great spot, lovely staff, they go out of there way to please. cant go wrong there

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
60 reviews
8. Re: Beachfront restaurant Legian

I double Hitana and Mozarella they are both great places with great staff and food Hitana have a band most nights which were really good and Mozarella have the Beatles band on Saturday nights either would be good .

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
217 reviews
9. Re: Beachfront restaurant Legian

Thank you all so much your experience and suggestions are invaluable, I have decided on Hitana and they have been timely and professional with email replies and every request has been fulfilled, looking forward to making memories with them.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
122 posts
53 reviews
10. Re: Beachfront restaurant Legian

Mozzerella by the sea has gone downhill, unfortunately a victim of its own popularity, the one in Padma St is better if oyu do go to one. Fat Bowl on Padma is also great!

Get answers to your questions about Legian
Recent Conversations