We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Advice

Montville, Australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
39 reviews
Restaurant Advice

Visiting Bali in December and staying a few nights in Legian then going onto Sanur and Ubud. Would love advice on restaurants. We’re tossing between mozzarella by the sea or la lucciola in seminyak. Any advice on difference of price, atmosphere and food would be appreciated.

9 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
142 reviews
1. Re: Restaurant Advice

La lucciola wins my vote hands down. Beautiful location, beautiful food, amazing staff and best to dine so you can watch the sunset go down.

Mozzarella by the sea is definitely one to go to also but if you are putting it on your ‘must do’ list and you have limited time then I would choose La Lucciola first.

Not sure if you have Facebook but if you do, join Sanur beat dining group as it has many great recommendations.

Edited: 12 November 2018, 08:45
australia
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
2. Re: Restaurant Advice

I also preference La Lucciola (upstairs) over Mozarella. Just remember once the sun goes down you’re looking into a black abyss. La Lucciola is great for lunch.There are many great dining options in Seminyak that I’d choose over La Lucciola. You could do your sunset drinks at La Plancha on the beach and move on elsewhere for dinner. Have a look at Zomato website for menus and prices. In both Ubud and Sanur you’ll be spoiled for dining choices for cuisine and prices. Enjoy.

Montville, Australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Restaurant Advice

Thanks so much for the advice. Much appreciated. Looking forward to going.

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
216 reviews
4. Re: Restaurant Advice

Chandi in Seminyak and Kori in Kuta.

Gong and warung amphibia in Sanur, both perfect and 100% price quality.

Gong a bit out of the way but they have a free pick up at your hotel / villa.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
67 posts
256 reviews
5. Re: Restaurant Advice

I have to agree, definitely La Lucciola, book an early table upstairs and watch the sunset.

There are so many great restaurants in Seminyak, personally my favourite is Gingermoon.

Enjoy.

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
245 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: Restaurant Advice

I also recommend La Lucciola over Mozzarella. But I disagree that it’s only worth going to in the daylight. Have been a few times later on when it’s dark and it’s lovely with the fairy lights and the sound of the ocean!

It can get very hot upstairs too!

Edited: 15 November 2018, 17:49
australia
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
7. Re: Restaurant Advice

Thanks mez, noted. After dark for me is Bambu, Métis, Jemme and spectacular architecture at Merah Putih. Cheers.

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
372 posts
74 reviews
8. Re: Restaurant Advice

Legian area....Kori,Uns

Seminyak...Ultimo, biku

Ubud.....Cinta, melting wok, bridges, taco casa,, lotus and oops for lunch

Sans Souci...
Level Contributor
485 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: Restaurant Advice

Correction to above reply, Kori's & Un's are in Kuta. Kori Restaurant on Poppies 2 & Un's off Poppies 1.

Reply to: Restaurant Advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Legian
Recent Conversations