We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Edison vs The Iroquios

Louisiana
Level Contributor
85 posts
41 reviews
36 helpful votes
Hotel Edison vs The Iroquios
Save

Truimph Hotels had a Cyber Monday sale so I booked hotels at two different hotels. I need to cancel one hotel. Our trip is at the end of Jan.

I cannot decide between Hotel Edison and The Iroquios because the reviews are very mixed for both. Reviews for Hotel Edison seem to be for the non-renovated rooms and are not good but we booked a Signature room. Has anyone stayed in this type of room at Hotel Edison and what were your impressions? Also, is the hotel still under renovation, something I would like to avoid due to noise. Any thoughts on the pros and cons of these two hotels? We like quiet at night, being close to food options and close to a subway station. Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
111,151 posts
12 reviews
48 helpful votes
1. Re: Hotel Edison vs The Iroquios
Save

I've actually stayed at the Iroquois years ago and one thing I will say is the rooms are extremely quiet especially if you face the back of the hotel. But rooms are dark because it’s a low building. The Iroquois is a much more upscale hotel and while near Times Square, far enough away to be calmer. Rooms at the Edison will be bigger.

Why not CALL the Edison and ask about renovation?

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
14 reviews
16 helpful votes
2. Re: Hotel Edison vs The Iroquios
Save

The Michelangelo Hotel, michelangelohotel.com, is still having a Black Friday sale, ongoing through December 5. This is a much nicer hotel than the 2 hotels you have mentioned and the sale rates being offered are exceptional. The hotel is located on W. 51st Street just east of 7th Avenue. Luxurious large rooms and baths.

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Hotel Edison vs The Iroquios
Save

Ive stayed at The Edison 4 times with no problems

Reply to: Hotel Edison vs The Iroquios
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.