We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question to "the summit"

New York
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
158 reviews
190 helpful votes
Question to "the summit"
Save

Hello,

I have tickets to visit "the summit" (Vanderbilt) next week.

Is there a time limit, how long you can stay?

Thanks.

6 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
33,899 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Question to "the summit"
Save

Right off of the website:

-SUMMIT One Vanderbilt is so much more than a great view. We recommend allowing two to three hours to enjoy all offerings and experiences.

https://summitov.com/faqs/

I am guessing that there is no set time.

Level Contributor
43 posts
2. Re: Question to "the summit"
Save

I booked the summit in the half hour slot before sunset. This means I will get the sunset view without paying the extra $10 each. 😉

New York
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
158 reviews
190 helpful votes
3. Re: Question to "the summit"
Save

Thank you!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
32 posts
4. Re: Question to "the summit"
Save

We went to Summit last weekend and spent about 2+ hours. IT WAS AMAZING! I was honestly wondering why it costs so much beforehand and now I would absolutely go again.

We went at night, which was incredible, but I feel like sunset would be even better because you get sunset + the night views.

We took our Spanish exchange student and she was so moved by the night skyline that she actually teared up. It was really neat to experience with her.

A warning though- pretty much everyone visiting is taking videos and selfies the entire time. It would be annoying for someone who is not interested in that and is annoyed by wannabe "influencers".

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,368 posts
49 reviews
32 helpful votes
5. Re: Question to "the summit"
Save

@Laura that’s exactly why I’ll probably go first thing in the morning to try get some clean photos with no “influencers” in the way.

aren’t most tourist places these days surrounded by “photographers” though.

M

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8,531 posts
5 reviews
12 helpful votes
6. Re: Question to "the summit"
Save

Yea from what I have heard night at the summit is better because there can be a lot of glare during certain parts of the day. I would think sunset wouldn't be bad either.

Reply to: Question to "the summit"
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.