We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel advice please

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
Hotel advice please
Save

Our hotel has shut (Doubletree on Lexington) and so we currently have 2 other cancellable hotels (Hilton Times Sq South and Fairfield on 37th, for ~$1550).

Our dates are 22nd Nov - 29th Nov

Us - 2 adults (husband and wife) in our 40’s who are very comfortable on the subway, and not particularly tied to one area but do like bars/pubs/restaurants nearby. Do need a huge room (need to be able to fit 2 large suitcases) don’t want a teeny room either. This is for my delayed 40th birthday trip, as that time last year the UK was in a lockdown.

We have Hilton Diamond status and Marriott Titanium Elite status

So, which of the two would you go for, or if you could recommend somewhere else at a similar price point (max would probably be $2k including all taxes and fees for the “right” place) it would really be appreciated please.

Thanks all in advance

27 replies to this topic
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
1. Re: Hotel advice please
Save

Also, we’re flying into JFK and prefer cancellable rates due to having to take a COVID test before flying etc

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,365 posts
49 reviews
32 helpful votes
2. Re: Hotel advice please
Save

Would you consider hotels outside of midtown.

For bars and restaurants, I wouldn't think midtown is the best area....

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
3. Re: Hotel advice please
Save

Definitely would (have stayed downtown before) but would prefer to stay in Manhattan.

We do have a reservation at Keens for my birthday but that’s the only solid reservation we have so far

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
287 posts
20 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: Hotel advice please
Save

I stayed in Metro Hotel close to Macy's on last visit to NYC...2018....Okay, nothing flash though.

Previous to that hotels on 26th street. Ever thought of hiring an apartment?

Edited: 28 October 2021, 01:24
Denpasar, Indonesia
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
7 helpful votes
5. Re: Hotel advice please
Save

hi, which website do you recommend to get an apartment ?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
6. Re: Hotel advice please
Save

I wouldn’t hire an apartment as I know that the vast majority of them are illegal for stays of less than 30 days, regardless of where they are advertised

Virginia
Level Contributor
952 posts
32 reviews
16 helpful votes
7. Re: Hotel advice please
Save

Have you looked at the Marriott Residence Inn Times Square? It’s actually right next to Bryant Park and has good sized rooms.

And good call on not looking at apartments.

Boston...
Level Contributor
50,983 posts
1,362 reviews
358 helpful votes
8. Re: Hotel advice please
Save

Apartments are a bad and generally illegal idea.

We liked the room we had at the Marriott Downtown in July. Big room, close to the WTC train station and the Hudson River Parks, not far from dining. Good Platinum upgrade, as Titanium you might do even better

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
9. Re: Hotel advice please
Save

The residence inn is fully booked for those dates, thank you though

Edited: 28 October 2021, 02:41
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
287 posts
20 reviews
6 helpful votes
10. Re: Hotel advice please
Save

Google apartments to hire NYC..should do the job. I once stayed in a basement apartment on about 70th Street. 200 yards from Central Park. Was okay. I can't recall who it was with, though.

Reply to: Hotel advice please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.