We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easiest way to get from JFK to DoubleTree by Hilton New York

2 posts
Easiest way to get from JFK to DoubleTree by Hilton New York
Save

Hey all,

This will be my first time in New York next year and there will be 4 of us travelling. We will all have carry on bags as well as suitcases for our stay. I was wondering what is the best and most cost efficient way to get from JFK to DoubleTree by Hilton New York Times Square West. I have looked at booking a private car and it comes to roughly £150 ($206), (which also includes a ride back to the airport when we leave) is this worth it? Will taking a cab outside the airport be cheaper and easier bearing in mind there'll be 4 of us plus all our luggage.

Thanks for all your help.

6 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
33,956 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Easiest way to get from JFK to DoubleTree by Hilton New York
Save

My suggestion is to simply take a taxi from outside the terminal. A taxi will be cheaper.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
31,507 posts
2. Re: Easiest way to get from JFK to DoubleTree by Hilton New York
Save

Yellow cabs between JFK & Manhattan are a fixed rate (~$70-75 after tip & possible tolls) https://www.jfkairport.com/to-from-airport/taxi-car-and-van-service

For the return you may wish to book a car service such as Dial 7 or Carmel

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
22,568 posts
27 reviews
9 helpful votes
3. Re: Easiest way to get from JFK to DoubleTree by Hilton New York
Save

You mention cheaper. Public transportation is cheaper but a taxi is far easier. Just make certain to get your taxi from the credentialed dispatcher at the curb & not from anyone trying to sell you a song & dance.

United States
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
4. Re: Easiest way to get from JFK to DoubleTree by Hilton New York
Save

A taxi should be cheaper IF all four of you and your luggage can fit in one taxi. Depending on amount of luggage, and type of cab, I suppose two cabs might be necessary.

USA
Level Contributor
22,401 posts
27 reviews
21 helpful votes
5. Re: Easiest way to get from JFK to DoubleTree by Hilton New York
Save

***My suggestion is to simply take a taxi from outside the terminal. A taxi will be cheaper.***

+1

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
71 reviews
29 helpful votes
6. Re: Easiest way to get from JFK to DoubleTree by Hilton New York
Save

This question was asked a couple of weeks ago and if this is your first visit then a yellow cab outside the arrivals door is the easiest way to go.

Forgot to mention that a tip of 15 to 20% is to be expected throughout the city for services.

Edited: 26 October 2021, 11:15
Reply to: Easiest way to get from JFK to DoubleTree by Hilton New York
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.