We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picnic Scavenger Hunt For vegetarian in East village

New Milford...
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
Picnic Scavenger Hunt For vegetarian in East village
Save

I am trying to make a Vegetarian Scavenger Hunt picnic idea for my gf in the East village. I saw you can buy these types of events, but it was very vague as to number of stops and the food. Any advice would be great, (I am not never done a picnic basket so not sure what would work.) I am vegetarian. Currently I am thinking of bubble tea at Pa Tea, Artichoke Pizza, S'Mac, Mamouns Falafel. All these places are good, but they are not really Picnic! I am thinking it would be more of smaller things, so that one stop does not end up being a full meal. I am not sure and any advice from the community would be much apricated.

Thank you!

5 replies to this topic
Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton
Level Contributor
4,221 posts
20 reviews
50 helpful votes
1. Re: Picnic Scavenger Hunt For vegetarian in East village
Save

I have the perfect stop! But it’s on the Lower East Side, but it’s so right for your plan that I think you could (should) work it in. The place is called Orchard Grocer and it is a vegan deli and market. Highly recommend.

https://www.orchardgrocer.com/

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton
Level Contributor
4,221 posts
20 reviews
50 helpful votes
2. Re: Picnic Scavenger Hunt For vegetarian in East village
Save

I’m having trouble figuring it out, and don’t want to over-research something that somebody local may be able to advise on. I want to suggest Superiority Burger (vegetarian place) because they would have a few good salads to take out. I’m really not sure if they are open as usual though, or closed, or just selling gelato (which may be a good bet too). It’s in the East Village. *disclaimer - I have never been, but it has been on my to-do list for a long time! Supposed to be great!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11,713 posts
25 reviews
10 helpful votes
3. Re: Picnic Scavenger Hunt For vegetarian in East village
Save

Do you want to collect things from different shops then take them away to eat and drink elsewhere eg in park? Or do you want to go on a food tour? If the latter, I hope Ziggy comes along with ideas...he used to run fabulous food tours and took participants to a few places to have well planned small morsels....still very filling by the end of the few hours...

Good luck with your plan - sounds fun.

New Milford...
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Picnic Scavenger Hunt For vegetarian in East village
Save

Thank you for the suggestions so far. I was trying to take the small stuff to the park, and while it might be hot stuff, hopefully does not get cold. I have so far thinking of doing Pa Tea, Slice of Artichoke, S'Mac, Mamouns falafel and then Rays Candy store for some fried oreos, and take all of it to Tompkins Park.

I was initally thinking of a picnic basket with by going to cheese shop, Bakery/crackers, Olive shop, etc, but maybe the small food tour will be better.... decisions decisions.... Thanks for the ziggy suggestion, but i seems he has stopped the tours as of last May.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11,713 posts
25 reviews
10 helpful votes
5. Re: Picnic Scavenger Hunt For vegetarian in East village
Save

Sounds fun. Yes, Ziggy stopped his tours. I hope he drops by this thread and makes some suggestions for you.

Reply to: Picnic Scavenger Hunt For vegetarian in East village
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.