We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Double tree by Hilton time square west, New York.resort fees

London, United...
3 posts
Double tree by Hilton time square west, New York.resort fees
Save

Been a while since I’ve posted on here. However we have rebooked our hotel to New York for December this year. Which we had booked a package holiday with flights and hotel included through British airways lve seen some horror stories if certain hotels charging resort fees. With British airways when I book a holiday are the resort fees included at all, as well as any extra fees I’ve looked around and cannot see anywhere?

6 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
33,899 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Double tree by Hilton time square west, New York.resort fees
Save

I am not sure why anyone would consider resort fees a "horror story". Hotels charge for certain "extras". Often, the price WITH the resort fee is the same or less that w/o.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
11,794 posts
18 reviews
137 helpful votes
2. Re: Double tree by Hilton time square west, New York.resort fees
Save

I cannot say if resort fees are included in your British airway package.

I do understand you needing to know the full price and not wanting to being surprised with an extra fee of possibly Hundreds of dollars when you arrive at the hotel . This is personally why I don’t like package deals.

In my mind, what is important is does DoubleTree by Hilton times square west implements these fees?

I did a dummy booking on the official website of hotel and I saw no fee implemented.

I also checked on a third-party site- booking.com and I saw no resort fee implemented.

I do not know if the resort fee is date sensitive.

So, if I was in your shoes, I would check on your exact dates of travel.

Edited: 23 October 2021, 02:42
Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
31,444 posts
3. Re: Double tree by Hilton time square west, New York.resort fees
Save

Have you reviewed your booking confirmation and/or communicated with the package vendor?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
15 reviews
12 helpful votes
4. Re: Double tree by Hilton time square west, New York.resort fees
Save

I have recently booked a package holiday to New York with BA for December.

Any resort fees are clearly stated in the essential information section when you click on the choose and continue button (at this stage you are not committing to anything) it will give options of room type then as you scroll down it will give the essential information.

Some packages will wave the resort fee or have it reduced this will be shown on the special offers tab.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
344 posts
89 reviews
81 helpful votes
5. Re: Double tree by Hilton time square west, New York.resort fees
Save

We have also booked to stay at the same hotel in December, booked in December 2020 in a BA Holiday sale.

There is nothing in any of our paperwork about Resort Fees, and also just carried out a test booking, and again no mention of Resort Fees at that property when booking through BA Holidays.

Therefore, I don't think you need to worry about a RF being charged. If they were there ,they'd have to be indicated on your paperwork or on the BA website.

Last time we visited NY, we stayed at Hilton Brooklyn, and when we booked, there were no resort fees. However , they were implemented in months after, but having booked pre-resort fees, we weren't charged them.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
14 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Double tree by Hilton time square west, New York.resort fees
Save

We flew with BA in Dec 2019 with a hotel package included. On arrival at our hotel (Evans Hotel) they asked for the resort fees. I provided a copy of my booking which said no resort fees were payable and they were happy with that. They did swipe my card but no fees were taken out.

Reply to: Double tree by Hilton time square west, New York.resort fees
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.