We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York trip

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
28 reviews
20 helpful votes
New York trip
Save

I’m thinking about traveling from the uk to New York for a sporty few days, watching the jets, knicks, rangers ! But is it worth coming over with Covid still about ? What will happen after the 8th November? I can’t stop dithering 😂

11 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
51,012 posts
1,362 reviews
358 helpful votes
1. Re: New York trip
Save

Not sure what you mean by "worth it", but you can see those games if you can get tickets, so that seems to me that it would be "worth it" to you.

You will need proof of vaccinated status to enter these facilities

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
33,899 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: New York trip
Save

**But is it worth coming over with Covid still about ?**

Absolutely!

If you meet the entry requirements, you will see that much of NYC is alive and kicking. The only downside of your planned trip is watching the Jets and Rangers!

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
28 reviews
20 helpful votes
3. Re: New York trip
Save

Many thanks for the reply! Much appreciated! Really sorry if I didn’t make myself clear! I was just wondering if it was worth it coming over with all the Covid things I need to get into the country! I wasn’t sure what do! Or if New York was sort of back to normal!

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
33,899 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: New York trip
Save

**What will happen after the 8th November?**

The US has not published the final requirements as of today. They are saying that they will open up to visitors from the UK who are fully vaccinated. So if you are, it will be ok to travel.....save for any additional requirements.

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
28 reviews
20 helpful votes
5. Re: New York trip
Save

Thanks ter1413 for your replies! Much appreciated! I might wait till next week and see what Mr Biden has to say on the matter! I’m sure he’ll say something before the 8th!! I’ve had both jabs so I’m good to good! Ps and what’s wrong with the JETS????? Best team in the league!!! 😂😂

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
33,899 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: New York trip
Save

**Ps and what’s wrong with the JETS????? Best team in the league!!! 😂😂**

Great sense of humor!

Boston...
Level Contributor
51,012 posts
1,362 reviews
358 helpful votes
7. Re: New York trip
Save

They have a chance this coming weekend!

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
28 reviews
20 helpful votes
8. Re: New York trip
Save

Northern_traveller ter1413 when the NFL came to England jets had a QB called Richard Todd! My name! That’s where the love affair started!! many thanks for your help 👍

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
Level Contributor
33,899 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: New York trip
Save

^

Wow. You are going way back in Jets history!

I say come to NYC and enjoy!

United States
Level Contributor
3,072 posts
10. Re: New York trip
Save

If I were you I might also keep an eye on what is going on in England after Nov 8, with increasing cases, incl Delta Plus sub-variant, there.

Reply to: New York trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.