We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten free near Times Square

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
Gluten free near Times Square
Save

Hi we will be travelling to New York in April 2022 staying at the Edison. Can anyone recommend any diners / restaurants with a good gluten-free menu in the area.

Many thanks in advance.

Tony.

5 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
110,568 posts
12 reviews
48 helpful votes
1. Re: Gluten free near Times Square
Save

Friedman,s is a local chain known to have gluten free offerings (although Teh only mention on their menus is gluten free bread. (I thought they had other gf offerings). They have a location in your hotel. It's the one listed as “theater district.”

https://www.friedmansrestaurant.com/theater-district-menus/

Here's a list of many other places but I don't know how up to date it is.

https://www.findmeglutenfree.com/us/ny/new-york/times-square

Lake Villa, Illinois
Level Contributor
73 posts
28 reviews
15 helpful votes
2. Re: Gluten free near Times Square
Save

I was just getting ready to post the same question! I am celiac..arriving in 2 weeks so I will update you on my gluten free experience!

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Gluten free near Times Square
Save

Brilliant thanks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
175 posts
4. Re: Gluten free near Times Square
Save

I have celiac!

Friedman's doesn't have a separate GF menu but nearly their entire menu is GF or can be made GF. They only mention bread on their menus because everything else most likely already GF. They're very knowledgeable about cross-contamination and very safe.

Also near Times Square I would recommend Nizza for Italian and Don Antonio for GF pizza. Also come up to the Upper West Side for Modern Bread & Bagel/Arba/Thyme & Tonic, which are all 100% GF and amazing.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
78 posts
24 reviews
10 helpful votes
5. Re: Gluten free near Times Square
Save

Friedman's is literally in the lobby of the Edison Hotel and they are well-versed in gluten-free food. I have celiac disease and have eaten there multiple times.

Not far from Times Square you will find 5 Napkin Burger and Nizza, both on 10th Ave. They have gluten-free menus.

Etcetera Etcetera has a full gluten-free menu.

If you are looking for only dedicated gluten-free food, Modern Bread/Arba is one of the best in the city.

You can also find lots of recommendations here:

https://glutenfreeglobetrotter.com/glutenfreenyc/dedicatedglutenfreenyc/

Reply to: Gluten free near Times Square
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.