We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near SNL

1 post
Hotels near SNL
Save

I was lucky enough to get tickets to an upcoming taping of Saturday Night Live! So excited. I was looking for a hotel recommendation that is fairly near to 30 Rock. Thanks!

10 replies to this topic
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
1. Re: Hotels near SNL
Save

Dates? How many people and beds? What budget per night in USD?

Level Contributor
862 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Hotels near SNL
Save

We stayed at Hotel48 Lex and it was an easy walk to Rockefeller Center. Plenty of other hotels around too. I prefer small hotels. But, just pull up google maps and start searching by hotels nearby to Rockefeller Center. It's one of my favorite areas. I'm a sucker for the architecture. Top of the Rock is one of my favorite activities. The NBC Studio Tour was super too.

Boston...
Level Contributor
51,047 posts
1,362 reviews
358 helpful votes
3. Re: Hotels near SNL
Save

Dates and budget matter. Also "close" is difficult to define. There are hotels a 3 minute walk and there are many many more a 15 minute walk away

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
11,798 posts
18 reviews
137 helpful votes
4. Re: Hotels near SNL
Save

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d1913413-Reviews-The_Jewel_a_Club_Quarters_Hotel-New_York_City_New_York.html

The Jewel is close within 5 minutes. But does it fit your budget?

I agree with Wren, put in 30 Rockefeller Plaza into Google, use the “search nearby “ for hotels and then see which ones fit your budget, taste and dates.

Miami, Florida
7 posts
1 review
9 helpful votes
5. Re: Hotels near SNL
Save

It's for 3 of us so some place with 2 double beds. Looking in the $200-300 per night range. 15 mins walk is fine. I can search with Google maps. I was just wondering if anyone had one that they recommended. Thanks to all for responding. It is much appreciated.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
6. Re: Hotels near SNL
Save

What are your dates, they really matter when booking nyc hotels. The price can vary massively

Level Contributor
862 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Hotels near SNL
Save

I did like the one I mentioned above. It does have a nightly "amenity" fee (or whatever they call it) so I'm not sure it'll be in your budget. It does include breakfast (cold but good) and wine (between 5-6, maybe weekdays only...not positive). We made the walk to RC lots of times from there. I felt like one of the blocks was a bit lonely due to being office buildings (aka not busy in the evenings) so keeo that in mind if leaving SNL late at night. You can always try and get a taxi or ride share too.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
691 posts
1,816 reviews
802 helpful votes
8. Re: Hotels near SNL
Save

My family and I have stayed several times at the Sheraton Times Square on 7th Avenue and 53rd. I don’t know the cost because I use Marriott Bonvoy points - besides you did not state a budget. It is 5 to 10 minutes walking to Rockefeller Center.

United States
Level Contributor
257 posts
47 reviews
48 helpful votes
9. Re: Hotels near SNL
Save

Agree with other posts re: vague dates. Note that the 2021 NYC Marathon is Sun, November 7, and midtown hotels are quickly booked up for that weekend.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
110,580 posts
12 reviews
48 helpful votes
10. Re: Hotels near SNL
Save

Hotel rates fluctuate by date. All the places mentioned are near enough. Depending on your dates, you may struggle to find a room for 3 for $300. Taxes will add 15% and many hotels charge a resort fee on top. The Jewel is closest to Rock Center (literally across the street). There are some hotels that have 2 queen beds vs the more typical 2 doubles. Hilton garden Inn Times Square and Hampton inn times Square NORTH are 2 with large rooms and 2 queen beds.

Radio City Apartments is a budget option nearby. Decor very dated but rooms are like Apts. With kitchens. They also have some 2 queen rooms.

Edited: 07 October 2021, 03:23
Reply to: Hotels near SNL
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.