We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interesting modern hotel in Manhattan

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
275 posts
57 reviews
Interesting modern hotel in Manhattan

We travel to NYC a lot, usually staying with a friend, Airbnb, or a chain because I am with a friend and we need two beds. This time we're treating ourselves to a couples' weekend--no friend, no 18 year old son, just the two of us. I'm looking for a hotel in Manhattan that's modern, unique--the room can be small (typical NYC) with a queen sized bed. Price range is about $200, less than $250. Neighborhood doesn't matter. For example, I was looking at the Innside NoMad. Any suggestions from recent trips to Manhattan?

6 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
105,204 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Interesting modern hotel in Manhattan

Hotel prices fluctuate wildly by date so what,s $200 next week could be $300 at another time. When are you visiting? The Tuscany and the Royalton currently have sales on

Travelzoo.com

You can do a search there for your dates. Btw, you must not be aware that most Airbnb' are actually illegal in NYC.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
924 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Interesting modern hotel in Manhattan

Someone recently posted about the Freehand Hotel, which is having great cheap introductory offers (they advertise rates starting at $128/night for bookings made by 2/15). It's new, and looks interesting. Might be worth checking out.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
275 posts
57 reviews
3. Re: Interesting modern hotel in Manhattan

Yup I noticed the Freehand. Great rates for nonrefundable. I hate taking that chance.

Thanks. THat's just the type of place I'm looking for.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
275 posts
57 reviews
4. Re: Interesting modern hotel in Manhattan

Yes I am aware about Airbnb and NYC. I'm usually bunking with a friend in Stuy Town.

And I forgot about Travelzoo--thanks for the reminder!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
5. Re: Interesting modern hotel in Manhattan

We stayed at the Renwick Hotel (Hilton Curio Collection) which was quite funky and v close to Grand Central. Not sure on cost as we used Hilton Points

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,835 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Interesting modern hotel in Manhattan

We're staying at the Renwick next month for our wedding anniversary. I booked it several months ago and got it for $150 a night plus tax with MVP discount

-JimG

Reply to: Interesting modern hotel in Manhattan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted