We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Boston

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
8 helpful votes
Day trip to Boston
Save

I'm coming from Groton ct to visit Boston for the day. Is the T the best way in? Looking to start at Faneuil hall and go from there by trolly. Been 30 years since I've been there not sure the best way in and around.

Thank you

3 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
360 reviews
116 helpful votes
1. Re: Day trip to Boston
Save

How do you plan to get to Boston? Drive? Train? Other?

That would be helpful background for advice we can give.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
63 reviews
33 helpful votes
2. Re: Day trip to Boston
Save

What we used to do when we lived in Gales Ferry : Drive to Braintree, park in the MBTA garage, and take the Red Line in to Park Street.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
7,068 posts
65 reviews
58 helpful votes
3. Re: Day trip to Boston
Save

If you are coming from Groton, and driving on 95 North, You can easily park at the Quincy Adams red line station in Quincy and take the Red Line into the city. However, if you are coming on a weekend, I'd just drive all the way and park at a lot. The rates are MUCH cheaper on the weekends and the T schedule is still somewhat erratic on weekends due to the Pandemic. Try this website to find parking downtown: www.spothero.com

Reply to: Day trip to Boston
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.