We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November- itinerary help

London, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
November- itinerary help

Hi,

My partner and i (both late 20s) are travelling to Boston over the first weekend in November for 3 nights. Will be looking for any tips for good/cool restaurants/bars and things to do.

Is there anything specific that people would recommend for that time of year?

Is a day trip to Salem worth it?

Thanks!!

Best Seller
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
1,106 Reviews
from US$44.05*
Best Seller
Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
683 Reviews
from US$94.50*
Best Seller
Boston Whale Watching Cruise
601 Reviews
from US$55.65*
Boston...
Level Contributor
22,972 posts
727 reviews
1. Re: November- itinerary help

Salem is "worth it" if that's the kind of thing you like to do.

With only 3 days I wouldn't go there, but everyone has their own tastes.

Restaurant info is well documented under the Restaurants link on top of the page.

Where are you staying?

Boston...
Level Contributor
179 posts
2. Re: November- itinerary help

How would you describe the type of vibe/scene you're looking for? That will help us narrow it down. I live in Salem and love it, but for three days in Boston, if you've never been, I wouldn't spend the time there.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,758 posts
285 reviews
3. Re: November- itinerary help

I wouldn't bother with a trip to Salem with only 3 nights. There should be plenty to do in Boston. As for restaurants, what kind of food, vibe and price point are you looking for?

London, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: November- itinerary help

Thanks for your help! Will defo check out that list. We are yet to book either will stay in Back bay if prices allow? (Loews) Or perhaps Moroccan suites or encore b&b?

London, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: November- itinerary help

A mix really. Perhaps one nice/treat place and the rest good value good food but want to avoid tourist traps!

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
79 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: November- itinerary help

We are going to Boston next week, can't wait! One restaurant we have booked is top of the hub, as recommended on here, beautiful views. It is expensive but will be a real treat for my husbands 40th birthday

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: November- itinerary help

Hello.

Im looking for advice.

Planning on going to Boston and renting a R.V. in November.

We have 5 days.

Plan is going to Toronto.

My question R : best to book with. And any places I should make sure I visit.

Many thanks n sorry if I'm asking in wrong form.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
267 posts
57 reviews
8. Re: November- itinerary help

I just ate at top of the hub for the first time in my life (lifelong resident). Prior to dinner we went to the Skywalk. I recommend buying skywalk tickets for the view and not eating at top of the hub. At the restaurant you may not see the view, and of so, only a slice, not 360 degrees. My back was to the windows. The meal was good but about 50% more than I might have paid at another restaurant. Skywalk is the full view, with assistance to help you understand what you're seeing.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,758 posts
285 reviews
9. Re: November- itinerary help

That's still very broad. you want seafood, italian, steak, etc? In general, if you want Italian, go to the north end. There's tons of restaurants there and you can wander around and read the menus posted outside. My favorite there is Antico Forno. For a really nice steak house (pricey) I like Capital Grill, or Grill 23 or Smith and Wollensky's. Atlantic Fish is often recommended here, as well as Legal Seafoods. I like Summer Shack for seafood. For something totally casual, and cheap, try the Pour House.

London, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: November- itinerary help

These are great thank you. Italian recommendations are a must so will check out that area and the others you have mentioned. Thank you so much!