We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquor Laws

Sterling Heights, MI
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Liquor Laws

Staying a week at the Wyndham Kingsgate and was curious about the liquor laws in Virginia:

1. Sold on Sunday?

2. Where is it sold? State run liquor store only?

3. Any local beers that I should try. I like trying the local brew when I travel. I can get a Budweiser anywhere.

4. Anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks!

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
7,139 posts
63 reviews
1. Re: Liquor Laws

1. Wine and beer can be sold in grocery stores, convenience stores, K-Mart, etc. any day of the week. Sales are prohibited between 12 midnight and 6 a.m. however.

2. Liquor (spirits) are sold only in the ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Control) stores Monday - Saturday. Certain areas of Virginia have some ABC stores open on Sunday, but in Williamsburg, they are not.

3. Well, Anheuser-Busch, now owned by InBev, brew locally. :-) But I know what you mean. Williamsburg AleWerks is a local micro-brewery. Here's their website: http://www.williamsburgalewerks.com/

Berrett's Restaurant stocks a number of Virginia wines and brews both in the restaurant and in the outdoors Taphouse Grill.

4. Williamsburg Winery has a tasting tour and a restaurant, the Gabriel Archer Tavern. If you're at all interested in wine, it is a good place to visit.

Williamsburg, VA
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Liquor Laws

If you get the opportunity, stop in at one of the Greene Leaf Cafes - on Scotland Street near the restored area, or at New Town - and enjoy a most incredible selection of draft and bottled beers. If you can make it on Monday, burgers are half price and delicious.

3. Re: Liquor Laws

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2010, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Williamsburg