We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking

London, United...
Level Contributor
968 posts
56 reviews
30 helpful votes
Parking

We'd like to stop in Spiez for a few hours for some grocery shopping and some sight-seeing. Does the Migros near the train station have a parking? I'm not able to ascertain that from Google maps or find any information on the internet. Also would it be alright to leave the car for about 30 minutes after shopping to walk around the town for a bit?

Thanks.

6 replies to this topic
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
12 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Parking

I've never been to the Migros in Spiez so I can't answer your question but I can tell you that the walk from the train station to the waterfront (castle, etc.) is about 15 minutes each way, so 30 minutes is going to basically get you there and back with no time to actually explore.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
2. Re: Parking

Spiez Migros does not have a car park as far as I know as it is hemmed in between the railway and the steep hill down towards the lake shore.

There are a few street parking places as far as I recall but you would have to play it by ear.

The hill between the Migros and railway station area is quite steep - so walking back up can be a challenge.

Migros-Supermarkt - Thun - Oberland would be a better bet if travelling by car

If in a car,

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
3. Re: Parking

Hi, I know you can park at Spiez railway station which is really near the Migros. I have only caught trains from there when on holiday. I believe there is a app called P+Rail which you can use for paying for car parking.

Hope that helps.

London, United...
Level Contributor
968 posts
56 reviews
30 helpful votes
4. Re: Parking

Thanks, everyone. Apologies for not reverting earlier. I did look up the station car park too. We will target that then.

ahzalps, I probably wouldn't go down to the lake. Perhaps catch some views from the area. I saw there was a SPIEZ sign with amazing views over the castle and lake.

Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
5,465 posts
416 reviews
143 helpful votes
5. Re: Parking

Hello Sukri,

There is also a parking garage in the Migros building (and other shops)

https://maps.app.goo.gl/CZB2skDb2XVwN95e7

https://maps.app.goo.gl/bk7vm25ys2TY7aw96

https://maps.app.goo.gl/sNZuNbdAaCxUk8Eu8

London, United...
Level Contributor
968 posts
56 reviews
30 helpful votes
6. Re: Parking

Thank you, finsteraarhorn! That's very helpful. So the entrance to the parking is around the back.

Reply to: Parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Spiez
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.